Tuesday, March 05, 2013

DTC and Lil' Inker Designs Blog Hop

Whew! Things have been hopping for us at Designed to Color as we celebrated our first birthday over the weekend. It's been so much fun to share it with everyone--and now we get to close it out with this fabulous blog hop our team is sharing with the amazingly creative and talented LIL' INKER DESIGNS--who happen to be our featured HUES WHO company for our latest issue of the magazine!
 If you stumbled on my blog apart from the hop, why not start at the beginning to get in on all the fun! If you are hopping, then you should have just arrived from Laura N. http://www.thecraftysister.com/. If so, then you are in the right place!

I am in love with Lil' Inker Designs! They are relatively new to me, but I am a huge fan already! I am so happy I have two darling sets to play with! Keeping with the birthday theme, I used a "non" birthday set to create a super easy and fun birthday card. 

To give the umbrella depth, I stamped it twice on the polka dot paper. I used the full umbrella for the bottom layer--but only cut out the top portion of the umbrella for the second layer. I rolled up some sticky dots and attached the top part of the umbrella this way. 

This gives a slight illusion of depth without it sticking up a lot. Now it looks more like the boy is UNDER his umbrella. I also shaded the bottom portion of the umbrella to give it shadow. Warm grey is good for this.
 Card Info
Image: "Rain Boy" (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper: White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Copic Markers
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, R20
Hair: YR21, Y23, YR24,
Clothing: YG0000, YG21, YG23, YG25, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Other: N1, W1, W3, Y5, Y7, YR04, R27

Elements: "Ruby Red" Liquid Pearls (Ranger), black pen (Memento), Glossy Accents
Paper: "Out of the Blue" (My Mind's Eye)
Stamps: sentiment from "Everyday Button Bits" (Papertrey Ink)


As you already have figured out this blog hop has two very special prizes--to get entered, you simply need to leave a comment on each blog along the way--

I'll make it easy-- 
Leave me a comment telling me where you would LOVE to be taken for a birthday dinner!

The hop ends on March 7th 11:59 CST and the winners to the prizes will be posted no later than March 9th.

Thanks for stopping by!

*BLOG HOP ORDER*
Designed to Color http://designedtocolor.com
Alyssa http://critterlyss.blogspot.com/ ***your next stop
Lil' Inker Designs www.shoplilinker.blogspot.com

Photobucket

53 Words of Love:

lizzie said...

Oh Lisa! Your coloring and paper piecing is always a joy to see! I love you combine the colors so perfectly!!!
For my bday I like to go to the Olive Garden. It's almost a tradition. Tho I think last year we went to Gringos. I do love their green sauce!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful card! Fantastic coloring of the image. Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

Gosh the way you made the umbrella is awesome, great card x

GCLmom said...

Lisa, I love the detail of the umbrella and the simplicity of your card. Very nice! :)

Tami B. said...

Clean and simple are my favorite kind of cards. Great job on this one. Take me anywhere I can get really good seafood & I'm a happy camper.

Margreet said...

You did a great job with the umbrella...love it...as I also love the whole CAS card!
xxx Margreet

Margreet said...

O, I forgot to say where I want to be taken for my birthday dinner...that's Al Dente, a very good Italian restaurant (in the Netherlands).
xxx Margreet

Sue D said...

Very cute card--love the polka dot umbrella and your coloring. Actually I prefer staying home and have my son cook up a gourmet meal!

mypurplehouse said...

This image is so awesome - CAS but powerful! THanks for the tips! I would love to betaken to a great Steakhouse here in Atlanta. I don't eat a lot of red meat but when it is time it is time!!
Lyn

Kristie Goulet said...

Your card is adorable and I would love to go anywhere for Thai food for my birthday dinner. Love me some Thai food. :)

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Wow... This is so cute.... I would love to be taken to Golden Corral...Just because I love their crab salad and you had me at crab salad....LOL> HUGS>

VanessaB said...

wow. I just love everything about this card. :)

Kathy S. said...

Your card is adorable! Love the umbrella. For my birthday dinner I would like Italian, spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread.

Mary J said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for your very sweet comment on my post today - you may see a couple of my cards in the next DTC mag!! ;)

I love your card! Such a great use of space and the paper piecing really pops!

Chitra Nair said...

Ihis image is so adorable... Love the card.. I love Thai and Indian food, yummmm...

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

love the vintage image and the umbrella is awesome!

Star said...

What an adorable card! I love the CAS look, and your coloring is just fab. Great idea about the umbrella. TFS! As for my birthday dinner...I would love to go to Benihana. I adore sushi. In fact, that's where we go for my birthday every year. LOL

MamaKaraba said...

I LOVE to go to Texas Roadhouse for steak (and their dinner rolls with honey cinnamon butter and their baked sweet potates and their desserts, etc...) on my Birthday. However, when funds are tight, (Most of the time, right?) my husband grills a great steak at home.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet image, great tip on the dimension for the umbrella. For my birthday I would love to go to anywhere I can get good scallops.

JanR said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for the tip about the umbrella, I'll definitely remember that one.

Where would I love to be taken for a birthday dinner......Hawaii would be nice, or even Australia or New Zealand. I'm not picky about the restaurant though. :-D

Trisha said...

My very favorite dinner would be at Texas Roadhouse. Your is so precious and I love, love these darling vintage look stamps. I am a new follower.

Dorothy E said...

Very sweet!

Melinda Sweetman said...

For my birthday dinner I would love to be taken to a beautiful dim sum restaurant again!! I have been to an amazing one in KL a couple of years back, wouldn't mind going back there!!

PJ said...

Oh, he's so sweet! I'd take him to Maine for lobster, steamers, the works!

Denise Ebbs said...

What a great technique for the umbrella. Can't wait to try it.

Lisa T said...

This is adorable! Even though there's a lot of white space, there's enough texture and color/pattern to keep things visually interesting. I love the pop of the polka dotted umbrella!

Renee said...

OH so cute!!! Love the line you drew for the ground, and the glossy accents on the umbrella! TFS! -My fave restaurant is Carrabba's, so that's where I would want to go!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This card is so sweet and I love the paper you used for the umbrella! I would love to go to Red Lobster... ohhh cheese biscuits!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a wonderful card..love the paper pieced umbrella and thank you for the tip for dimension. I will have to try that. I would love to go any place Thai! Yum!

Indy said...

Such a delightful card! Love the polka-dotted umbrella!

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Lisa. Love your blog. Sending some bloggy love from the hop. Glad I was able to visit. Love seeing others blogs.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

paperpapier said...

cute image..! I would love to go to steakhouse restaurant...am a beef lover...

Karenladd said...

OMG...this card is adorable! LOVE that paper pieced umbrella...! and my favorite place for a birthday dinner would be seafood!!

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet card! Love the paper pieced umbrella!
I'd love to be at Disneyland for a special birthday dinner!

Billie A said...

Love this darling card. Great paper pieced umbrella. Love the darling image. so precious and love the placement of him. Darling card.

Phi said...

Love your clean and simple design and that umbrella looks really good.

mary said...

Love,love this image! It reminds me of that "dick and Jane" series books, thanks, it's a definite buy for me....

Rhonda Harre said...

Wow - this is a great card! The umbrella is awesome. Love the simplicity of the card.

Sara said...

Gorgeous card! I love that it's CAS and the coloring is fantastic! My favorite place for a birthday dinner....Benihana!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Fabulous card! What an awesome idea to pop up a portion of the umbrella!
<3 Emily L.

Iris said...

Cute card. Love the little guy with the umbrella. Iris

Janetlynne said...

Love your card ~ My birthday dinner? hmmm- I love Bone Fish

frogquilter said...

Love that little guy with his umbrella....hopping
Sam's Chowder House-Princeton,Ca

Carisa said...

This has to be one of my favorite Lisa creations! Your ability to paper piece such tiny areas has me in awe! I love the glossy accents - that added an awesome touch to the card. :D Thanks for EVERYTHING and helping to make this hop and our birthday celebration such a success!!!

Mimi said...

Adorable card! What a sweet image! and great paper piecing! ;D

Leah the Orange said...

i think you probably rock the CAS better than anyone i know. this is BEAUTIFUL. love the layered brolly and the simple line to ground the image. just GORJE! :) so happy to be Color Crew-in' it up with you!

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!!! I really adore how you paper pieced this image. Great work and I love it.TFS

marylouh said...

I like to eat at Outback Steakhouse. Since they don't open until evening I don't get there too often so the kids take me there for any big holidays - mother's day, birthdays, etc. Love their Alice Springs Chicken. Also love your card. The little boy is really cute.

Alyssa S said...

This is adorable! Love the umbrella...I love to add just a little dimension like that on flower petals. I'd love to be taken to a little restaurant I used to work at in Taos called Momentitos de la Vida

April Story said...

I like going to Del Friscos - it is a great steak house. April

Diana Fernandez said...

I love your coloring on this fabulous image!

GCLmom said...

Adding in that I would ove to go to the Cheesecake Factory for a birthday dinner! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is so cute! I love the paper pieced umbrella. I'm new to DTC, so am happy to see you as part of this fun hop! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps