Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fancy a cuppa?

I really enjoy using the video chat run by Google +. It's a great way for me to visit with my friends or to have video conferences for the magazine I design/write for (www.designedtocolor.com). Today I had fun crafting a card during our meeting--this darling little penguin from Paper Makeup Stamps.

 I stepped away from my Copic markers (can you believe they are going up in price AGAIN?!) and pulled out my watercolor pencils. I just love those. I stamped him in Ancient Page on watercolor paper. I ended up going over his outline with my Memento marker because I wanted it to be darker. Then I cut him out and popped him up on another piece of watercolor paper for added dimension.
His mug and beak were both coated with Glossy Accents and the details on his scarf with Stickles. I doodled the lines around the image layer for some added fun. The inside was stamped with the coordinating sentiment that came with the image and a shadow outline of little Pete.
Challenge List
(I've had this little fella for months--only the 2nd time I've inked him up! Also using hoarded Pixie Pink paper...)

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Pete the Penguin w/sentiment (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Black Onyx (Ancient Page), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Watercolor pencils w/blender pen and B000 Copic
Paper: CS-Pixie Pink-Retired (Stampin Up); Watercolor paper
Accessories: crystal gems, "Stardust" Stickles, Glossy Accents, "Polka Dots" 5 x 7 embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Memento black pen

3 Words of Love:

Ardilla said...

Pete looks so cute!!! I love your card :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Such a cute card, I really feel I need cocoa after seeing this card!

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash "Winter but not Holiday" challenge this week! That penguin is really cute and I love how you popped it up in a second layer for the 3-d effect!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps