Thursday, December 20, 2012

Crushed New Leaf

I decided to expand my coloring horizons by using some of the BV family. I think that is my least filled family--I don't know why. I like the color. Probably because it's just purple and I just don't craft with purple very much...but I did today! Yep, I pulled out some pretty paper and went to town! Okay. So that might be stretching it a bit. But I did use purple today!

Here is a very elegant card I made using the stunning combination of Concord Crush (Stampin Up) and New Leaf (Papertrey Ink). Good gravy, I wish I had more of this purple--but they are retiring it! It's beautiful!
The image is from the Elements of Style set by Stampin' Up. I have always loved this image and it's so beautiful to color up. I used the YG20's for the leaves since they match New Leaf cardstock so well. I dabbled each flower blossom with a smidge of Stickles glitter glue which really just make this picture sparkle.
I will definitely be putting this color combo together again in the near future! It's just so beautiful!


Challenge List:
Photobucket

Card Details

Stamp: Elements of Style (Stampin Up)Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Copic Markers (BV29, BV31, BV34, YG21, YG23, YG25, N1, BV000, E55, E57)
Paper: Concord Crush-retired (Stampin Up), New Leaf and White (Papertrey Ink)
Miscellaneous: "Stardust" Stickles

9 Words of Love:

Danni said...

This is beautiful!! Great job!

Mynnette said...

Oh, WOW!!! This is just simply STUNNING coloring! And I adore the touch of glitter--this is just gorgeous! I hope you'll join us this month at Technique Tuesday for our Faux Tile challenge! Happy holidays!!! :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Lisa this is stunning. Gorgeous card with awesome colouring. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous coloring!! Popped over from MIM!
Hugs, Tamy

Billie A said...

Saw your card on MIM. Really pretty and the colors are awesome. Nice work. my cards are 29 & 70.

Michaela said...

Hi Lisa
I saw your lovely creation on MIM and came to take a closer look. What a beautiful card! Love the simplicity of it and the image really steals the show on this one. Love it!
Michaela xx

Sarah said...

Hi Lisa, oh my this is just beautiful! Lovely image and fabulous colouring.

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Sandy said...

So love the coloring of this image, just beautiful.. Saw this on MIM.
Sandy :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is a lovely combination....so rich looking! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE! Good luck on winning, remember if you use a TPS prize your winnings increase and their images are fabulous! Happy New Year

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps