Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fashionably Sweet Baby Card

One of my very dear friends had a baby a month ago and bad old me--I'm just now sending her a card! (hangs head in shame) But I'm very tickled with how my card turned out. I had planned on going the old pastel route, but I ended up with sometimes WAYYYY different and infinitely more classy and perfect for my friend's personal style.
(As luck would have it, I just made a new light box, and then my OTT LITE bulb broke. Sigh. Thankfully the overhead light in this room gave enough light to get the photo.)  
I used the darling set Sweet Baby by Papertrey Ink (set has a matching die set, but I went die-less this time around). I love baby cards with elephants. Especially polka dotted ones. LOL! I added the little heart from the set as a little bubble of love. Then I staggered the three words choosing black as an accent. Then I was digging in my ribbon box looking for a thin black ribbon and saw that lace and went "stop the presses!!" My friend is a seamstress and I KNEW she'd love this look. So then I found some jewel cut adhesive black gems to finish off the black accents and mounted the image panel on Rose Red (same as the ink). I seriously adore this card. A total go-to design now for baby girl cards.
(Inside the card)

Challenge List:
Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Sweet Baby (Papertrey Ink); "Congratulations on your..." (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Rose Red (Stampin Up), Black (Memento)
Paper: White (PTI), Rose Red (SU)
Accessories: black lace, black gems, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger)

4 Words of Love:

Ani said...

Really lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Mania! Ani

kenli said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and fabulous design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!

NancyD said...

Oh this is such a cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Мила said...

How sweet ! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!
Hugs,Мila

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps