Monday, September 03, 2012

Across the Miles...

I took advantage of a free shipping incentive offered by Sweet Stamp Shop last week and ordered my very first sweet stamp set...they have several darling ones so it was a bit of a difficult decision. LOL!

My parents live way out in Washington state while I'm out here in Kentucky...hence the reason I saw ideas in my head for the Across The Miles set...so since my dad's birthday is on September 5th (same as my husband's actually), I decided to pull out my new set. I bought it thinking I MIGHT use it a few times...but after playing with it, oh yes. It's going to be a regular I'm sure!

I stamped the large Continental USA stamp and then paper pieced WA and KY using green and blue scraps (because WA is the everGREEN state and Kentucky is the BLUEgrass state of course) and attached them to the map. Then I pulled out the darling little arrow and stamped each state to where we both live. Then added the "I'm here" and "you're there" stamps with the hearts. I extended the arrows to make it work. Then the little "I miss you." at the bottom. I jazzed up the states with a spot of Stickles on each one--because no card is complete with out a bit of bling! I simply stamped "Happy Birthday" on the inside with another one of those little hearts. Sigh. My little CAS heart is a fluttering with happiness at the incredible simpleness and deep meaning expressed in this card.

This really is a great set for anyone to get who has loved ones "Across the Miles" be it family or friends...I think you will be seeing elements from this set regularly on my cards from here on out!

Challenge List:

Photobucket

Card Details

Stamps: Across the Miles (Sweet Stamp Shop)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Paper: Kraft (Papertrey Ink) and scraps
Accessories: "Stardust" Stickles

1 Words of Love:

Angela Crandall said...

That stamp set is so darn adorable! I love how you used it on your card. My family is East Coast and my husband's family is (almost) West Coast...we'd get a lot of miles out of that set! ;)

So glad you could join us in the September Challenge at the Great Impressions Stamps Blog!

Inky hugs,
Angi

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps