Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sunny Days to Remember

I'm playing in the Verve Card Carnival this week--and I'm so happy that I actually needed to make several cards this week that match various themes during the Anni-Verve-sary Release week. One of the cards I needed to make was for my sister-in-law's birthday tomorrow.

(click pic for better view)
This card is based on a beautiful card in the latest CardMaker magazine (page 40)...I loved the layout and design. For my card I pulled out Sunny Days by Verve Stamps. I love the flowers in this set because they are great for layering! I don't have the flower dies that work with them (YET!) so I hand cut them out. I added the beautiful Fancy Flourish die by My Favorite Things to go behind the flowers. Now that I finally have the thin metal shim I can cut these out no problem! A very good investment!! The sentiment for this stamp is from the same Verve set. I love the font, don't you?

Here is a side view of the flowers. I have them all popped up, but the one furthers on the left has two dimensionals on it. I also popped up the second layer of flowers.
The centers of each flower is a mix of "Ruby Slippers" Stickles and a crystal gem. I love their shimmer! Originally I left the white panel bare...but it needed something, so I snagged my black Copic .03 multi-liner and added the dot border. Love it now!

Challenge List:
(fancy flourish die)
(three flowers, three gem centers)
(three gems, three flowers)
(hand cut out my flowers and layered them)

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Sunny Days (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-White (Papertrey Ink); DP-Kissing Booth (BasicGrey)
Accessories: gems, Ruby Slippers (Stickles), .03 multi-liner pen (Copic), Fancy Flourish (MFT)

14 Words of Love:

Scrappin Mama said...

Beautiful flowers and love the 3-D affect!! Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
Lisa O

Rose Petal said...

Hello Lisa. Oh wow, I love this creation. Gorgeous flowers and a beautiful design too. Thanks for sharing at Created with love.
Sandra x

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Look at those gorgeous flowers! What a beautiful card!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a beautiful card. I love the way you made your flowers stand out. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenge this week.
Linda

Thrifty Finn said...

Lovely and sophisticated. Good luck on Craft Your Passion!

Andrea said...

FABulous card! I love your bling and flowers. Thanks for playing along with Created With Love Challenges.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! What lovely dimension and those flourishes coming out from the flower design is absolutely marvelous! What an elegant looking card! Lisabeebusymakin'awesomecards! :)

Cathy Clouston said...

I love this! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning card, I'm sure she will love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

craftin-dawn said...

Fabulous card! Love the flowers and the bling..Thank you for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
DawnD

Maureen said...

LOVE those flowers and that sentiment for a birthday card! Great idea!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this so much the clean and simple design those flowers and the colours are superb thank you for joining our challenge at crafty sentiments this week
hugs
lorraine x

Shelby said...

Love the layered flowers and the color palette is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

Shelby

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps