Thursday, August 16, 2012

Big Birthday Thoughts

Today is my mom's birthday and it's because I'm such a bad daughter that I forgot to make her card until TODAY! But since we have a birthday box going out today too, I figure she'll forgive me! I decided to pull out my new Anya Lifts set--one of the limited edition "Big Anyas" released by The Greeting Farm for their 4th birthday earlier this month. I wavered about buying it but now I'm very glad I did!

I love how her size takes up a nice card front! This makes her perfect for the CAS style. I used a new paper pad by My Mind's Eye --"Out of the Blue"-- for all my papers. I paper pieced from 5 different designs in the pad--the shirt, the shorts/boots, and each of the three balloons! Such a great collection of paper! I don't think you can really tell here but I added Glossy Accents to her boots and the balloons and it really makes it look snazzy! I went over her bracelets and earrings with my black Spicca for just a dab of shimmer. I just love the font on this sentiment from the Always on My Mind set by Verve and I think it's a perfect match to the feel of this card!

Challenges:
(Paper Piecing is my favorite--hands down!)

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Anya Lifts (The Greeting Farm); Always on My Mind (Verve)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Paper: CS-Terracotta Tile and white (PTI); DP-Out of the Blue (My Minds Eye)
Accessories: Glossy Accents, gems, Black Spicca pen, "Diamond" Stickles

5 Words of Love:

May said...

I love how this turned out - great work with the paper piecing!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

she3655 said...

Lovely card Lisa, the image is fab, great idea to use papers and the sentiment is lovely... Thanks for joining in with us at LEJ Designs x

Jenny said...

Just gorgeous Lisa. I love the size of the image too and the CAS style. Great card! x

Tabitha Davis said...

Great job on your project!! Love it:)
Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs Challenge #16-Clean & Simple

Tameko said...

So pretty. Very nice paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps