Friday, August 24, 2012

Beauty for Ashes...

Here is another card I made for the Anni-verve-sary challenges over on Splitcoaststampers.com. This challenge is a sketch challenge (VSAVS12C) and I had fun playing with new papers from a BasicGrey paper pad Plumeria..

The sentiment is Isaiah 61:3 Plain Jane by Verve. This card is for a woman at church who just lost her brother and I think this scripture is so encouraging and perfect for a sympathy card. This purple cardstock is the now retired Orchid Opulence from Stampin Up. I love it and I think this was my very last piece. (sigh)

Challenge List:

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Isaiah 61:3 (Verve)
Ink: Pearlescent Purple (Brilliance)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink); Orchid Opulence-Retired (Stampin Up)
Paper: Plumeria (BasicGrey)

9 Words of Love:

Chana said...

Hi, Lisa! I just love your card! It is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye! Fabulous composition and wonderful color choices!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp-N-Doodle!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana said...

Hi Lisa, I really like your design point of view I would love to see your work in our challenges at http://jacksonsdigitalexpressions.blogspot.com!
Hope to see you there!
Hugz,
Chana, Founder/DT Coordinator
JDE


SAHLERS said...

Love your card and the colors thanks for playing at Divas by Design
-sheryl-

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely beautiful Lisa! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘SYMPATHY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Steve Paul said...

OMG! that is really awesome! the colors and the ribbon work make it perfect. I think this type of background could be applied on Plastic card it would look as good as it is.

TannyP said...

WOW! You did such a fantastic job on this sketch and took our challenge in stunning fashion. What a beauty :) Thanks so much for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Sympathy challenge!

Shari said...

Beautiful card - love the colors and the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

JustYolie said...

Oh my goodness, this scripture means so much to me!!! Gorgeous card!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Congratulations on being a winner at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps