Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Sunshine Hop!

"Jen's Sunshine" Blog Hop

This hop will remain open till Tuesday Sept.4th

Winners announced Sept. 7th
Today we take time to honor our friend and fellow crafter Jen Scull.  If you are here hopping with us, then I am sure you know Jen is battling breast cancer.  She has been fighting this nasty disease since February.  On behalf of Jen, we thank you for being here.



I love this word art from the set and wanted to showcase it, so I tweaked an old layout design and used some of my most favorite paper. Okay, I admit. I chose this paper because I needed to make sure I had ribbon that matched! LOL! Seriously though, it's some of my favorite by-the-sheet paper that I buy at Hobby Lobby. In fact, I think I'm due to get some more...I think this was my last scrap!

I love this edge punch by EK Success (Parisian) because it's so elegant--and because of all my border punches only the Fiskars and EK Success actually punch through my Papertrey Ink cardstock!

Well, that's it from me...so now back to more information regarding the hop...or you can just continue on to your next stop Jacqy!
-----------
We ask as you hop along with us, please consider donating at least $1 using the paypal donation button at any stop along the way.  Your donation will go directly to Jen. Thank you.




It wouldn't be a hop without prizes.  To see a full list of the prizes up for grabs, please visit 
and

To be eligible to win a prize from our sponsors, collect the hidden letters located throughout the hop.  Once you spell out the secret phrase, please email Jenn Cochran at partytimetuesdays@hotmail.com.  This will get you entered to win one of several fabulous prizes.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.

For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Thank you so much for participating in this hop...it means so much to us that you are helping to support and celebrate our fellow design team member Jen as she battles this horrible disease!

Challenge List:
1. Shopping Our Stash #66~ Use your favorite things
(my most favorite paper and border punch)
2. Use it Tuesday #38~ use that Ribbon
(this ribbon is hoarded because I only have a small spool of it and it's been retired! ARGH!)

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Jen's Sunshine set-digi (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Cardstock: White (PTI)
Paper: Maya Floral by Glitz Design
Accessories: ribbon (stampin up), "Parisian" border punch (EK Success), gems

49 Words of Love:

Susie said...

Oh Wow! Gorgeous card.

JustYolie said...

So pretty!!! I love the background paper and that border punch! Well done!

Jennifer Scull said...

well it's no wonder you love that paper so much - it's gorgeous! the border punch is absolutely perfect to go along with it!

thank you so much for being a part of the blog hop! it means a lot to me that you would set time aside and also make something so very pretty.

hugs to you! :)

Danie May said...

Such a lovely card using this wonderful sentiment as the focal point. The black and white with a touch of pink of your background gives this such a elegant look! I love it! xx

Holly Young said...

love the colors and how you used this sentiment!!! beautiful card!

Karen said...

Fabby creation I had great fun working with this set - I hope to see EVERYONE buying this and creating beautiful things.. smiles.
Hugs,
Krafty Karen.xx

Lisa Sumpter said...

gorgeous card. love the papers! hopping along on Jen's blog hop.

Lisa xx

Ardilla said...

Love the way you used the sentiment... nice card, very elegant!

Lisa M said...

Hi Lisa :) You've created a stunningly classy card here. Of course I've always loved the way you craft, but this card is just gorgeous. So happy to see your name in the hop. Thank you so much for contributing to this hop for our wonderful friend Jennifer. :)
hugs,
Lisa xx

Leah Ann Gast said...

Wonderful, I love it!!

Tracy said...

Classic beauty! :-)

Chris said...

gorgeous card, it's very elegant. I can see why you love that paper, it is beautiful. Too bad we don't have Hobby Lobby near.

JoanieMc said...

Beautiful card. Love the color combo use. Very soft and lovely.

Hugs
Joanie

Dawn Mercedes said...

I love how you accented the sentiment!! wow!

Queen B said...

Oh wow! So simple but so beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous card!! I love that sentiment and the papers you've chosen to display it!! HUGS

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love that paper :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marji said...

I just love how different all of our projects are, the paper you chose is so great. Love your card

Charlene Mitchell said...

Gorgeous! Love your simple yet elegant layout. The border punch adds perfect detail, along with your gems! Love it!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like all things Sunshine. Like the edge punch you used.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the layout and papers.

Renee said...

Lisa this is a really beautiful card...very classy!
Hugs, Renee

Jennifer Scull said...

stopping by as I do the 'official' hop.... this time I'm writing down the name of that paper to see if I can find some. it is soooooo pretty!

have a great day! :)

Lucy said...

I love that border punch!

Jennifer said...

Lovely card! Wonderful border punch and ribbon you've used with this!

Edwina said...

I can understand you liking that paper. It is so pretty. I love the punch. Your card is so lovely. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

Annie said...

Gorgeous creation, so cute! Hugs Ann xxx

Sarah said...

Oh wow...this is simply wonderful-- how gorgeous! I love this border punch-- I certainly will be putting this on my wish list and will be looking at this card for inspiration!

Marilyn said...

This is a beautiful card and I like it a lot!

Katherine said...

What a lovely card! It' so elegant.

susie said...

You are so right - the paper is gorgeous. Love your card for such a great cause xx

Kim said...

Beautiful card. Love the paper and border punch

Jerusha Borden said...

Love it!!! Perfect card.

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

I really love the DP wow no kidding you love it. And love the added bling!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Really elegant and pretty!!

Jackie said...

Lisa this card is just so pretty. I love the designer paper you used and the fabulous edging the punch created. Amazing work with this sentiment!

Jenn Zeeb said...

What a wonderful card!! Jen is blessed to have such great friends.

Jenn Zeeb

Ruza Rebel said...

I love how you used the word art! That DP and the layout is lovely! ;o)

Oak Pond Creations said...

Beautiful. You are an amazing person participating in a caring cause for Jen. Hugs and Happy Crafting. <3 - Kim

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...love the punched border and the inspirational quote.

mtscrapgal said...

Lisa, your card is so elegant and pretty. Thanks for helping.

Tess Davis said...

SO GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us over at Use it Tuesday!!!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - that paper is gorgeous!
Helen x

Lorianna said...

So LOVE this
CAS
Your such an inspiration!!!
Hugs
Lorianna

Carla said...

So pretty and elegant! Love the paper you used too! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Linda said...

This is a really wonderful card! I love everything about it.


Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping our Stash challenge blog!

Linda (DT Member)

Caroli said...

Lovely card! Very elegant, loved how you used the colors and patterned paper.
So glad you are playing along with us at this ribbon challenge at Use It Tuesday :)

Pam said...

Love the card!

Esther said...

Beautiful, love the border punch!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps