Sunday, July 15, 2012

Love Birds and DIY "washi" tape

Hey all! I am camping this weekend, but I wanted to share with you the card I made for this months challenge on the Designed to Color magazine blog. The challenge this year is to use the current trend of Washi or Designer tape. I have been seeing this tape all over the paper crafting world, but have yet to own any myself--but I did decide to MAKE some of my own Washi tape for this card!
I used three scraps of coordinating paper and then took strips of my Redline Double Sided tape in 1/4' and 1/2" and added it to the scraps. Then I positioned them and "taped" them onto my paper. Super simple and FREE! LOL! This card came out exactly as I had imagined it would when I first sketched it out on paper. Don't you love it when that happens?

We hope you will play in our month long challenge on the DTC blog--remember that if you don't have any washi tape, MAKE IT!
Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Love Birds set (There She Goes Clear Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Copics (R81, R83, R85, Y17, Y35, Y38, C3, C5, N1, YR27)
Paper: CS-Autumn Rose and White (Papertrey Ink); DP scraps- Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Accessories: adhesive bling

2 Words of Love:

Danni said...

This is so cute!

MagsB said...

Oh how cute are those birdies! And I love your strips of 'washi' tape, too. What an elegant card!

love Mags B x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps