Friday, June 15, 2012

You're Such a Doll!

Happy Friday!
I've been enjoying some time for paper crafting this week...mostly working on Father's Day cards and cards to submit to the new magazine Designed to Color. It feels so good to be back in the mojo again! LOL!
Designed to Color had a great sketch for the June/July 2012 submission call and I wanted to share the card I made to go with the sketch.
This image and sentiment are from the Pure Innocence: Paper Dolls set by My Favorite Things.  The paper is from my Lime Twist "Happy Go Lucky" paper by My Mind's Eye. I just love the way it coordinates perfectly with Rich Razzleberry (Stampin Up)!

I paper pieced her dress and the paper dolls. Yep, that means I cut out that strip...all those tiny legs and arms and heads. I kept holding my breath for fear I'd amputate something! But it was totally worth it because it really adds a nice touch. I added some Glossy Accents to them when I was done.
The magazine Designed to Color is offering up a FREE PREVIEW to their June/July 2012 magazine! This is a great chance for you to take a peak at some of the beautiful pages in this amazing magazine! I'm sure you are going to want to see the rest of it--so make sure you subscribe--remember you can get a PRINT or DIGITAL subscription to this amazing magazine!

Challenge List:
3. Bearly Mine #39~ Tic Tac Toe: Diagonal--Dies/Flowers/Sentiment
5. Let's Ink it Up #24~ Favorite Embellishments
(bling, glossy accents, diecut flowers!)
Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: PI-Paper Doll (MFT)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (Hair: E33, E35, E37, E18; Skin: E000, E00, E02, E21, R20; Shoes/Clip: RV63, RV66, RV69; Other: T1 and 0)
Paper: CS-Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink), Rich Razzleberry (SU); DP- Lime Twist "Happy Go Lucky" (My Mind's Eye)
Dies: Prima Donna Petals (MFT), Fancy Flourish (MFT), Double Ended Banners (PTI), Long Rectangles Nestabilities
Miscellaneous: Glossy Accents, diamond gems, paper piercer

8 Words of Love:

Laine said...

What a lovely card. So much design detail.
Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Tracey Manderson said...

wow you are clever, the end result is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

SuzanneK said...

Super cute image and great attention to detail. Thanks for playing along with us at LIIU this month. Good luck with the challenge draw. Hugz Suzanne

cotnob said...

Fab card, I love your attention to detail and pretty flower.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous - I love MFT stamps and dies! Love that dimension on the dolls too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up embellies challenge this month!

Natascha said...

Wow, such a pretty card. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenge and good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Lovely card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

suzARTe said...

really lovely card, the shine on the paper doll images looks fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps