Saturday, June 30, 2012

Winter in July...

It's time for a new Squirrel and Fox challenge--and we want you to think Cold...really cold. Like it's Christmas/Winter in July! For our Australian friends it might be cold, but here in Kentucky, it's like an OVEN! 100+ degrees for the last 3 days and to continue for a few more! Oy! We are breaking records here in the states as one of the hottest summers in history...and the summer has hardly begun!

But it was nice to think cool with this fortnight's challenge...and I enjoyed trying out a new digital stamp company Digi Doodles--our challenge sponsor.
This is Snowman & Friends and I went super simple by just leaving it as a one layer card on kraft.
(I strongly dislike how my lightbox takes photos of kraft paper, so I am showing the best shot I have.)
 
My coloring mediums mix watercolor pencils with Copics. It's the only way I can get white. The digi's lines were thinner than I'm used to, so I had to be very careful but it worked out. A bit of glitter for snow and some Glossy Accents and I called it done. A simple winter notecard to stash away!
Photobucket

1 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

I really am going to have to try this Kraft paper - for this is just lovely. The glittery snow is fabulous. Awesome job as always.
Trace
x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps