Tuesday, June 05, 2012

What I've been up too...

Whew! It's been quite the ride here lately. I had my parents staying with me for 10 days...then my sister-in-law got married this weekend. Both things demanded nearly ALL of my time...and since my parents were sleeping in my craft room, crafting was non-existent! LOL!

So I was putting my mojo to use in other crafty areas like floral design. I designed and made all the flowers for the wedding...here are some pictures...

The wedding bouquet...cream and pale pink roses with some greenery...some pearl strands and then some watermelon roses for a splash of brighter color...
Smelled delicious too!

Here you can see what it looked like in her hands...I wrapped the base of the bouquet with vintage cotton thread lace.
Here are the bridesmaid bouquets...they were all silk flowers but when they were holding them they looked totally real. Same color theme, but with double sheer bows.

I made a miniature version of the bridal bouquet for her to throw---you can see it in the next picture...I actually made it in the car on the way to the wedding--we had to drive 2 hours and it was a last minute thing she wanted, so I took advantage of the time.
It was a beautiful day, but boy, I'm glad it's OVER! LOL! We have had THREE weddings within the last 9 months...all of them the girls in the family, so we've had a LOT of responsibilities. Now they are all married, so we get a break! LOL!

In case you are wondering, I'm nowhere near a professional florist...but if I hadn't chosen the direction i did, I would have LOVED to have been one. I adore working with flowers and took floral design classes in college as well as other flower related courses. This was the third wedding I've done--the second this year. I did my other sister-in-laws bouquets and corsages last September. But I think these were my favorite so far.

But now it's over and done and my schedule can finally return to normal--my kind of normal. I love it! I should have some cards to share with you later this week, so make sure you stop back by!

Photobucket

3 Words of Love:

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful flowers you made a great job of them the bride must have been delighted!

sandi said...

Such Beautiful flowers! You are a very talented lady. Have a great day, relax enjoy a good book. Thank you for sharing.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous flowers Lisa - is there really no end to your talents? :) The bride looks stunning and very happy, just the way a bride should look. I bet she was thrilled with your efforts.
Tracey
x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps