Monday, June 25, 2012

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

I’m playing along this month in the Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge!
The inspiration for this month was this picture:
Um wow. Yeah, I seriously had a color inspiration {CoNfUsIoN}! I would NEVER put these colors together willingly on my own, but I was game to give it a go.
I decided to try stamping a green (New Leaf) onto a light aqua (Aqua Mist) to mimic the pillows designs. It felt weird, but I like the way it looks. I decided to use the yellow from the picture as my accent—choosing Harvest Gold. I made a ruffle by using a border punch on Harvest Gold, and then pleating it this way and that across the panel. I added the pretty Fresh Snow ribbon so I could have my signature bow. I searched through my PTI stamp sets and decided to use this sentiment (stamped in New Leaf) from the set Mother. I can think of more than a few friends that this would be perfect for.

All in all, I like the look…but I really don’t think I’ll be reaching for this color combination again anytime soon! LOL!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Mother (Papertrey Ink), Flourish Background (ditto by Studio G)
Ink: New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Cardstock-White, Aqua Mist, New Leaf and Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Fresh Snow grosgrain ribbon (PTI), Floral Lace border punch (Martha Stewart), adhesive gems

10 Words of Love:

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty card and excellent stamping.

Cathy Weber said...

Using that border punch was genius!!! You did a great job making a card that totally reminds me of the inspiration photo. I love the pattern you stamped and the colors are spot on!

Colleen said...

What a great sentiment to add to your card! the colors are perfect...very pretty card!

PatQ's Cards said...

Very interesting idea-turned out great.

Linda Monroe said...

This is very nice. Love it.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your punched and folded border strip! The whole card is very pretty!

Marybeth said...

This is stunning and I love your punched border. Beautiful choice in stamps as well., love it!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. I love how you did that pleating. Very clever to have the decorative edging too!

angelabranon said...

Lisa, I love that way you positioned your background against the sentiment on top. Wonderful card.

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Beautiful card.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps