Friday, June 01, 2012

Imperfectly Wonderful Life

It's been awhile since I've posted but I'm up to *here* in wedding stuff right now. My sister-in-law is getting married on Sunday so things are pretty hectic. I'm in charge of all the bouquets, the wedding programs, as well as my boys who are both ring bearers...and did I mention I'm playing the flute for the ceremony and my mom and I are singing a duet? Yeah...I know. LOL!

Anyways...I've been a bit busy.

But I did get a couple cards made this week, one for my cousin's graduation and the other for a Viva la Verve challenge. Unfortunately though I adored the graduation card I made, I sadly mailed it without taking a picture! ARGH! But I did get a picture of my card for the Viva la Verve May 2012 Week #5 sketch.
I played with my new Verve stamps and die with this card. The flowers and leaves are from the Sunny Days set and the die is a coordinating one called Leafy Sprigs. I also used the Floral Circles die for the flowers though it wasn't an exact match. The super gorgeous fuscia and green paper is some I snagged this week when we popped into Hobby Lobby.  This sentiment is from the set Words of Wisdom also by Verve.

I went over the word "wonderful" with Stardust Stickles and it really adds a nice sparkle. The button centers of the flowers also have been "stickled". I just love the happiness of this card!

Challenge List:
1. Viva La Verve May 2012 Week #5

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Words of Wisdom, Sunny Days (Verve)
Ink: New Leaf (Papertrey Ink), Pink Passion (Stampin Up), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-New Leaf and White (PTI); DP-"Moire Fleur-Flower" and "Pink Linen" (Paper Studio)

Accessories: "Leafy Sprigs" and "Floral Circles" dies (Verve), Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gems, "Stardust" Stickles

5 Words of Love:

sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card. I like the colours and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Divas this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

NGCARDS said...

Such a cute creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Gerda said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Vee said...

Fabulous card,great sentiment and colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous, fresh card! Love the sentiment too :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps