Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Earthy Father's Day

Since it is the week before Father's Day, I suppose it is wise to actually get started making cards FOR the day...LOL! I always forget to make them for myself and then scramble around trying to get them done. I find Father's Day cards are rather easy to whip out...I mean, masculine cards to me are all about the simplicity.

I pulled out some new long Kraft notecards that I recently purchased and used them for a nice one layer card for my dad. He's not into the fussy style, so this will work smashingly for him.

(Click for closeup)
The stamp set is Father Knows Best by Papertrey Ink. A recent investment and one that I'm very happy with. I love the trees in the set as well as the extra independent leaves.
I stamped the inside with a tree shadow and then one of the sentiments from the set--pay no mind to the crookedness...that was just the camera shot. LOL!

The thing that is funny is that my dad isn't going to even GET this card until after Father's Day because he's travelling overseas in China and Thailand on a business trip this weekend. So really, there was no hurry! LOL!

Challenge List:
1. Celebrate the Occasion #66~ Father's Day
2. Crafty Sentiments~ Father's Day
4. Cards for Men #12 ~Father's Day
5. Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet ~Father's Day with Kraft
6. the Pink Elephant #52 ~ Masculine
Photobucket
Card Details
Kraft Notecards
Size 4" x 9"
Stamps: Father Knows Best (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (Stampin Up), Simply Chartreuse (PTI)
Accessories: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon

13 Words of Love:

Adrian said...

Very nice! thanks for playing @ CTO!

Eileen Ng said...

Hi, I stopped in from Cards for Men to check out your nice father's day card! I would like to invite you to play in our Anything Goes challenge and blog hop at Tuesday Alchemy this week--we have lots of prizes! :)

Eileen

http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

I love the simplicity of your card! I'm sure your father will love this, because I know I do!

Thank you for joining us this week in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Danni said...

Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with the Pink Elephant Challenge!

Michelle B. said...

Simply beautiful! So glad you joined us for our Father's Day challenge at Cards for Men!

lizzie said...

Lovely as always!

Beth Moore said...

I love the simple beauty of this card.. wonderful work, thanks so much for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal!

Makiko Jones said...

Beautiful father's day card! I love the clean and simple style. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Dora said...

This is gorgeous and so elegant, love the style. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

Heather said...

Stunning card, a perfect layout and the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

Beth Moore said...

Goregous clean and simple card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Wonderful Father's Day card!! Love the CAS design. Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

Dilsaver Designs said...

Love your tall CAS card with the beautiful stamp, really pretty card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Father's Day" Challenge :o)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps