Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pretty in Pink Paper Sundaes

Morning everyone! It is another gorgeous day here in NE Kentucky and I'm loving our 80+ degrees and sunny skies! It's hay season so it's a busy time of year...and it's also a sneezy time of year! Both my boys have hay fever...but neither me nor my husband do! However, we have many relatives on both sides of the family who suffer. So we are doing Kleenex and homeopathic allergy drops and just making the best of it knowing it will pass soon.

We have sad new for Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog...this will be my last week as a Sundae Girl because the Paper Sundaes blog is closing. We've had two wonderful years, but the stress of keeping everything hopping has put pressure on our wonderful leaders so they've decided it's just time to say goodbye.

Our final challenge this week is easy--Pretty In Pink--and we have Michelle's Scrapbooking and More for a wonderful sponsor.

I decided to feature a cute little Magnolia image for my card...
I just love this paper...yeah it's the same paper you saw a couple days ago. Okay, so it's even the same color combination, but hey, why mess with a good thing, right? I paper pieced little Pondering Tilda's dress and gave her a nice sparkly bow. The sentiment is by Verve Stamps...I went over the "okay" with a clear Spicca pen, so it's shimmery.

I like the sentiment because it's perfect for when you know someone is going through a hard time, but you just aren't sure what to say. This card is going to an 85 year old widow in my congregation who was beaten up by thugs in her home this past Thursday! They stole $6000 and she was strangled and beaten. But the woman is feisty and while they held her down she kicked them "where it counts" until the attacker let her go. So since I'm not quite sure what to tell her, I figured this will work. I just feel HORRIBLE about the incident. Such wickedness in this world!

I hope you will join us as we celebrate our last Paper Sundaes Challenge--help us to say goodbye!

Challenge List:
1. VLVMay2012~ Week #4 (see below)

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Pondering Tilda (Magnolia), "Be Okay" (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E00, E21, E17, E18, E27, RV13, R20, YG93)
Paper: CS-Kraft and Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink); DP-"Ivory Floral" (Paper Adventures)
Accessories: "Stardust" Stickles, gems, embossing folder from Cindy Loo collection (Cuttlebug), LG Scallop Circles Nestabilties (Spellbinders), twine, flower charm

6 Words of Love:

TC said...

Awww Lisa this is a gorgeous card. You're right, why fix something that's so obviously perfect. It's an adorable card. Just a shame it's for such an occasion, horrid people hopefully karma will sort them. x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card Hugs Ginny x

Trudie said...

Such a beautiful and sweet card for such a sad occasion. The mentality of some people is beyond me. I hope this lady makes a quick and full recovery and these thugs are bought to justice.
Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week.
Trudiexxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
this week
Love Jan
xx

Pia S said...

What a great design! Love kraft paper, and your design paper is perfect with kraft. Lovely coloring of that sweet Tilda and the sentiment is really decorative too. Love your card!

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

Beautiful thanks for playing at charisma! hugs carlyann xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps