Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pieces of You...

Happy Wednesday! We are busy here at the house getting all our crafts done to send out with our Mother's Day cards...I don't send out a lot of cards really...just one to my mom, one for my MIL, one for my closet Aunt, my grandma and then a few of my mommy friends. Thankfully I've gotten nearly all of them done...you've already seen two of the ones I've made here is another one...it's either for my mom or my grandma...haven't decided yet!
 

I found this lovely paper--SOOO not my usual style--by the sheet at JoAnns Craft Store. I snagged it because I knew it would be perfect for Mother's Day. Now that I've used it, I have to admit that it's growing on me! LOL!

I used the great sketch for this week's Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge...super easy to follow and ideal for the style of card I was going for. The sentiment on the front is from the Because of You set by Verve and I used the Mother's Day sentiment from my Mother set by Papertrey Ink.

Challenge List

1. Skipping Stones Design Sketch #127~ --see below
6. Use it Tuesdays #31~ All About Mum
(I used Blushing Bride cardstock---I only have a couple sheets left and I am hoarding it!)
7. Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet~ Cards for Her 
8. The Pink Elephant #147~ For Mom
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Mother (Papertrey Ink), Because of You (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Blushing Bride (Stampin Up); DP-"Ivory Floral" The Gifted Lane (Paper Adventures)
Accessories: pearls, Double-Edged Banner die (PTI), Prima Donna Petals Dienamic (My Favorite Things), Embossing Folder "Cindy loo Collection" (Cuttleb
ug)

14 Words of Love:

Tess Davis said...

Wow, so gorgeous! And I LOVE that sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Gorgeous card and take on the sketch! I love the soft green and pink together. Perfect for a Mother's day card. I really love the sentiment too. TFS

Jingle said...

This is a very pretty card! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SSD!

Lisa Jane said...

THis is so pretty - love the floral DP
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

Gemma said...

this is a lovely creation! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments this week! Gemma :)

Beth Moore said...

This is an absolutely lovely card! In fact, it is so beautiful that I am showcasing it on our Feature Me Friday segement of The Kraft Journal blog for this coming Friday May 18. Be sure to stop by the blog on that day (or any time thereafter) to pick up your Featured Artist button and thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

Yolanda said...

Beautiful card and terrific sentiment! Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Chrizette said...

Wow, this card is amazing! Really love all of it. Thank you for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Helen said...

Really beautiful card - i bet your mom just loves it. Thankyou so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week Lisa!

Dilsaver Designs said...

What a beautiful card, I love the LO and your sentiment is just so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" Challenge :)

Esther said...

Very pretty!
Love the sentiment!
Thank you for joining CTO this week!

Kristen said...

SUper cute card Thanks for joing us for last weeks Mothers Day challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Katie Gehring said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Skipping Stones Design!

Alanna said...

Great card and I love the sentiment on the front - into my quotes book it goes! Thanks for playing with Use It Tuesday :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps