Thursday, May 24, 2012

Altered Proverbs

Just wanted to take a moment to share a notebook I altered yesterday. I am using this for a Proverbs 31 study that I'm doing with some of my friends and sisters in Christ. I love having a "special" place to write my notes.
 This is just an altered composition notebook. I love them because they are all flat without any spiral bindings to mess with. The chocolate ribbon on this wraps all the way around so I can untie it every morning when I do my study and then tie it back up when I'm done. I just enjoy doing that...
Naturally the Proverbs 31 stamp by Verve Stamps was perfect for the notebook...we are studying Proverbs 31 after all! I stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock that I sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. The paper used on this notebook is available by the sheet at Michaels Crafts. It is by My Mind's Eye and I LOVE it! I used the Fringed Perineal Dienamics by My Favorite Things for the flowers with the Little Leaves Sizzlit from Stampin Up.

I love doing these altered notebooks because they look so good when they are done and it's impossible to think it was just a plain old black cover when you started!

Challenge List:
Photobucket

Project Details
Altered full size composition notebook
Stamps: Proverbs 31 (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Real Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Very Vanilla (SU); DP-My Mind's Eye by the sheet
Accessories: Fringed Perineal dienamic (MFT), Little Leaves sizzlit (SU), gems, Lacey Squares Nestabilities (Spellbinders), sponge, ivory lace trim, Chocolate grosgrain ribbon

7 Words of Love:

gina g said...

Gorgeous card love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Carol said...

Great card, thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

Helen said...

What a lovely notebook, so much nicer than a plain one. Love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Helen DT xx

Debs said...

Beautiful notebook and wonderful sentiment.
Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments this week.
Good luck.
Debs x

Cheryl said...

This is just beautiful! The lace adds a nice feminine touch, and I love how you highlighted the verse.

angelic crafter said...

Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge. What a lovely notebook cover.I think the combination of blues and browns are divine and sweet, and that sentiment is so touching. Great use of die cuts XOX Tania

Eva Marie said...

Gorgeous notebook cover ♥
Thanks for joining us at SGC
xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps