Saturday, April 21, 2012

Enjoy a little bite...

I was a little curious about the FOOD challenge this fortnight for Squirrel and Fox Challenges--especially when I discovered our sponsor (the fabulous Make it Crafty) didn't seem to have a lot food themed stamps that were my style. But I took a chance with darling little Cici--and let me tell, you--I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!
Isn't she just darling? Everything just "worked" for this card from the paper to the coloring to the photography--a rare thing indeed! I think the thing I love best about this picture is how it capture the cherry--I used glossy accents on it and the light hit it just perfectly.

I printed this image twice, so I could layer the flower in her hair. I even snipped the petals a little so I could roll up the tips, then just attached the center of it to the image with a couple rolled up glue dots. And of course, be-Stickled it! you can get a glimpse of how magical it looks in this picture I took outside in the sun...
I thought and thought on what my sentiment should be with this card--and I needed it to be something tiny. I am so happy I remembered my Tiny Tags stamp set by Papertrey Ink--and found this little one word sentiment which just sets off the feeling of this card.

Make sure you enter your FOOD themed creation in our challenge--Deadline to enter is May 3rd!
Challenges List:
(paper piecing and layering image parts[ paper tole])

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Cici-Digi (Make It Crafty); Tiny Tags (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (Hair: E33, E35, E37, R27; Skin: R000, R20, E00, E02, E21; Flower/Cherry: R20, R22, R24, R27, R29, E25, E27; Misc. 0, BG13, C1)
Paper: CS-Ridinghood Red (Stampin Up), White (PTI); DP-Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Accessories: gems, "Stardust" Stickles, Eyelet Circles Nestabilities, Classic Squares LG Nestabilities, Glossy Accents

6 Words of Love:

Danni said...

What a super sweet card!

Linda said...

This is beautiful. Loving the image and the colours are gorgeous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jayne A said...

Love that cute image.

Hugs
Jayne
x

lulucker said...

This is such a lovely card and I love the decoupaged flower on her head. Thank you for joining us at EFG
Hugs
Lu x

Melissa said...

This is so sweet. I love the 'dazzle'.
Thanks for joining in at the Emerald Faerie.
Hugs
Melissa

Carisa said...

I can't decide which is my favorite part! I love how you popped up the flower and of course your coloring on the hair is TDF!!!! One of my new favorites of yours. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps