Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chartreuse...oh how I love thee!

I know, Chartreuse...It brings to mind those hideous 60's and 70's velour couches our grandparents had--or still have! I know my grandma had one forever! LOL! But I am in love with this color with papercrafting. It's not almost olive (one of my OTHER favorite colors) and just fun to play with!

I decided to use it for my card for this week's challenge for Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog--Pearls and Lace. We are being sponsored by the amazing

I recently purchased three LOTV stamps and I was so happy to get to use one this week...I pulled out Spring Swing.
I enjoyed using the first layout for Viva la Verve May 2012. It was just what I needed to showcase this darling little bunny! I pulled out three embossing folders to help add some texture to this fun card. I didn't have any chartreuse colored buttons, so I sort of made this one. I didn't have a lot of luck coloring it with my Copics, so I ended up inking it up with my Old Olive ink pad too.

Challenge List
1. VLVMay2012 Week #1 (see sketch below)

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Spring Swing (LOTV)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG21, YG23, YG25, E41, E42, E43, E57, E59, YR65, YR68, BG00)
Paper: Chartreuse, White and Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Fresh Snow grosgrain ribbon (PTI), button, twine, paper piercer, embossing folders (Cuttlebug), Olive pearls (Kaiserkraft), lace (stash), "Orange peel" and "Diamond" (Stickles)

6 Words of Love:

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. The image looks sunning coloured on Kraft.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Teresa Kline said...

soooo adorable, thanks for playing along with us at Verve!

enjoy *~*

Jenny said...

Fabulous Lisa. I love the combination of green and kraft. x

Jill said...

aww your card is gorgeous and so cute thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Tracey said...

I agree I love that green too & your card is gorgeous :)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Tip Top said...

Such a pretty card! I've never stamped directly onto kraft and then coloured - I'll have to give it a try!

Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps