Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hang In there...

I've had a busy few days, but was able to create a card for one of my best friends. She just lost her 4th baby in the last year (this time at 20 weeks)--and my heart just aches for her. I'm hoping this will be a little something to let her know how much I care for her.

I actually bought this stamp (Sympathy Bugs by Wee Stamps) specifically for this card...I'd been looking and looking for it but it was out of stock at a lot of places, but I finally found it at Stamp and Create...one of my favorite online stores. I love the way the image looks cut out of the box and I had a blast with my embellishing of the image. I used several different bottles of Stickles: cinnamon, black diamond, star dust and diamond. I used Glossy Accents for the berries and the little bugs noses.

Did you know that I didn't even realize this was a butterfly with a LADYBUG until I stamped it out. Then I went "Oohhhh!!!" I loved it even more. So cute.

The sentiment is from the Verve set "Always on My mind"--I used another stamp from the set on the inside where it says "You're in every one of my thoughts today", stamped on a faint copy of the front image. I think my bestie will love it because I made it just for HER!

The layout is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #233--perfect for what I needed!

Challenge List:

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Sympathy Bugs (Wee Stamps); Always on my Mind (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (C3, C5, C7, C8, R24, R27, R29, E55, E57, E59, E43, E47, YG61, YG63, YG67)
Paper: CS-Kraft (Papertrey Ink), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-an old DCWV pad
Accessories: sheer red w/white dots ribbon, white flower button, twine, white brads, Classic Squares LG (Nestabilities), Stickles (listed above), Glossy Accents


6 Words of Love:

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous image and a really beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Zoe Sanderson said...

So sorry that your friend has had such a difficult time. I'm sure this will help cheer her a little it is very sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - that must be so tough for her, particularly at that stage. Your card is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect, I love those sparkly wings. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Debi said...

a very thoughtful card for your poor friend, love those sparkly wings, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

F.T said...

The glittering wings are looking great.

Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card
Scratch Cards

Camilla said...

Your card is sooo beautiful!!
Thank you for joining Deep Ocean Challenges.
Hugs, Camilla

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps