Thursday, March 08, 2012

Elements of Love

One of my most favorite Stampin' Up sets EVER is the Elements of Style set. It's not really my "style" so to speak, but I still LOVE the elegance the set has with it's roses and hummingbird.

My parents anniversary (their 35th) is tomorrow and I really wanted to make them something special...and since my mom is all about flowers and roses, I pulled out the Elements of Style set by Stampin Up and then did a gallery search on Splitcoaststampers in the SU gallery for that set to get some inspiration. If you have never done that you HAVE to! Ooo-la-la! There are some stunning creations! But one really grabbed me...check out Moments by Kyann22. That purple is gorgeous! And the effect of the butterfly spotlighting is brilliant! So I decided to use this idea for my own card.

I opted with Old Olive and Rose Red for my colors--two of my mom's favorite colors! While kyann22 used Aqua Painters, I tried that and totally sucked at it! LOL! So I used my Copics. I decided on a sentiment from the Everyday Button Bits set by Papertrey Ink for my sentiment. A bit of dry embossing, a scrap of bridal lace and a bit of bling finished my card!

I stamped the inside roses with Rose Red ink and an anniversary sentiment.

I'm sure my mom is going to love this and the way it looks with the butterfly coming out of the's just something that can't be photographed well. But it looks REALLY cool! LOL!

Challenge List:
1. Card Makin Mamas #40~ Color me Green
3. Flutterby Wednesday #193~ springtime with fairy/butterfly/angel
(I did the beautiful cabbage roses which bloom in the spring with my hidden butterfly)


Card Details
Stamps: Elements of Style (SU); Everyday Button Bits (PTI); Happy Anniversary ($1 bin)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Rose Red (SU)
Paper: White (Papertrey INk), Rose Red and Old Olive (SU)
Coloring: Copics (R81, R83, R85, R000, YG93, YG95, YG97, E55, E57, N1)
Accessories: lace, distressing tool, gems, embossing folder from Heritage Collection (Cuttlebug)

6 Words of Love:

Pia S said...

I find this card very elegant. I especially love the inside of the card. The subtle stamp of roses and beautiful text - it's so perfect!

Danni said...

This is beautiful and wow, that is so cool with the butterfly as the spotlight! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

F.T said...

The message has made your card so much precious.

Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card

Mina said...

fantastic design Lisa, I love how you incorporated the butterfly...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

Rose said...

Lisa, your butterfly spotlight within the flowers looks fantastic on this great anniversary card! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Things with Wings challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Sara said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with CMM!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps