Sunday, January 08, 2012

Saturated Canary Colors

I am so excited about this week's challenge (PSC102) for Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog--it's a color challenge...we want you to use SATURATED COLORS. What are those? Basically, it is the intensely rich shades--no pastels or light colors--you can get more information including seeing a great color wheel for reference HERE.

It is only right that the week we do Saturated Colors that our sponsor should be the incredibly popular and amazing

Our Paper Sundaes Design Team got SOOOOO excited to learn that Krista was sponsoring us--especially when she let each of us choose an image from her amazing shop! It was sooo hard to narrow it down, but I just fell in love with Ice Cream and Pickles...

I have a best friend who after suffering two consecutive miscarriages last year, just learned she's unexpectedly pregnant AGAIN...with TWINS! So this card is for her because she is dealing with so much anxiety right now...

I printed off this digi onto Kraft paper and cut her out after coloring. That wasn't intentional, but I screwed up on my shadow...LOL! But it worked okay! I used this yummy paper by My Mind's Eye featuring the sensational raspberry color--which just happens to match Rich Razzleberry by Stampin' Up. I used the aqua color as my accents with the seam binding ribbon, butterflies and baubles. The baubles actually weren't the right color (too blue) and I couldn't color ON them--too slick. So I colored a dot of BG13 on the kraft paper UNDER them. When attached they ended up the color I wanted! I added glossy accents to the pickle and cherry; then added Stickles to the ice cream for a tasty treat!

Sentiment is from the Sentimental set by There She Goes and perfect for what I want to tell my friend. The layout is an old My Favorite Things sketch (MFTWSC49).


Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Pickles and IceCream digi (Saturated Canary); Sentimental (There She Goes)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (R000, R20, R39, R59, RV63, RV66, RV69, E17, E18, E21, E27, E37, E50, E51, E41, E43, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG75, YG93, YG95, YG97, 0); Black Memento Marker
Paper: CS- Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Rich Razzleberry (Stampin Up); DP- Lime Twist "Happy Go Lucky" (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Ovals Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Nested Butterfly (Spellbinders), seam binding ribbon, button, hemp twine, baubles, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), and Glossy Accents

1 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps