Sunday, January 22, 2012

One of MY favorite things...Paper Piecing!

It's already the 21st of January! How did THAT happen?? I guess it's hard for me to believe it's January since I haven't had but one measly day of winter weather...in a month that is usually 90% snow filled! Today the temp is set to hit almost 60 degrees Fahrenheit. What? 60 degrees in January? Seriously?

ETA: Weather update. Clearly someone was imagining things when they came up with that forecase...it's not even 35 degrees yet and it's lunchtime! Brr!
It is Sunday, and that means it's time for another new challenge at Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog! We hope you had fun playing in last week's challenge and joining in our Birthday Celebration Blog Hop! The winners of the prizes will be announced shortly...and I will be posting the winner of my grab bag at Noon today, so make sure you stop back by!

This week our challenge is MY FAVORITE! It's all about Paper Piecing! Oh how I love thee...most definitely my favorite technique. And speaking of my favorite things...THAT'S who our sponsor is this week!


I am addicted to the line Pure Innocence--all the little girl and boy images are just so darling!! 
This card is one that just came together lickedy-split for me. The paper made that easy to do--it's My Mind's Eye...I need to buy another package of it since this one is rapidly disappearing! I used the newest MFT Sketch Challenge--then discovered I didn't remember one of the elements right...whoops! LOL! See if I go by memory again! But I love how sweet it turned out. Perfect for my sister-in-law's birthday yesterday. I paper pieced the little girl's dress using one paper for her jacket and the other for her dress. I think it's looks darling. The lace is new--I love how delicate it is! I also used two Die-namics from My Favorite Things--Prima Donna Petals and Fancy Flourish. The flourish is under the flower. I love those dienamics! I wish I could afford to buy them all!!

I brought a few strips of the paper inside with the image partially stamped with a "Happy Birthday" from the Sentimental Birthday set by There She Goes Clear Stamps.
We hope you will join us in our fun challenge this week! Paper piecing is so much fun!

Challenge List
1. Card Makin' Mommas ~ Something Old
Gems and Labels 8 Nesties...haven't used these ones in FORVER!
4. MFTWSC55 (See sketch below)
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: My Favorite Things and There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento
Coloring: Copic Markers (E000, E00, E02, E21, BG11, BG13, BG15, RV63, RV66, RV69, N1, Y21, Y23, YR21, YR23, R20)
Paper: CS-Rich Razzleberry (Stampin Up) and White (Papertrey Ink); DP-My Mind's Eye
Accessories: Dienamics "Fancy Flourish" and "Prima Donna Petals" (MFT), Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gems, lace



7 Words of Love:

Lisa M said...

Lisa,
You ROCK at paper piecing! This is fabulous and the papers are the perfect match. Wonderful card!! I love that your blog is still sporting a winter wonderland. :) This warm weather is driving me nuts. I want snow! LOL I think when it finally snows here, I'm going to drag the Christmas lights back out and enjoy winter, finally. :D
Have a great weekend,
Lisa xx

Craftyanny said...

Cute as a button Lisa, fabulous paper piecing and great flowers too
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
Anne x

Danderella said...

Lisa, I love your card! And, I'm so happy to finally meet someone else who LOVES paper piecing like I do. Your attention to detail in the piecing is great...I can only imagine the time it took to make sure that blue flower was on her sleeve just perfect!

Danielle

Michele Boyer said...

This is so very cute! I love her little matching jacket! :)

Thank you for having me this week! It was fun!

craftymum said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Hotshot Crafts

hugs Sarah xxx

JennyH said...

Beautiful card Lisa. I have the same MFT flourish and petals dies :)
A question for you.....what do you use to join the petals together, I'm having trouble keeping mine stuck together.

Buladi said...

Superb birthday card.your work is show your creative thoughts. Colors and image is fabulous.

Plastic Card
Plastic Card Printing

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps