Sunday, January 01, 2012

If I was a mermaid...

Happy 2012!!!!

It's Challenge #101 for Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog and this year we are going to start you out soooooooo easy that there is NO reason NOT to play with us! Our challenge this year is "Out with the Old, In with the New!"--which means we want you to use something old AND something brand new in your creation! Make sure you tell us what it is too!

Our sponsor for this first challenge of the new year is the ever fabulous
As always, one randomly drawn participant will win a gift certificate to this lovely store!

I dug in my stamp drawer and discovered that I had several beautiful stamps still un-inked, so I dug out one of my new Sweet November stamps by CC Designs~ Bubbles Lostlagoon!
She is the epitome of what a mermaid should look like! And that hair...(swoon)...a dream to color and bling up! I used some new Copics for the coloring, and some new coloring techniques for her fabulous tail. My bling, my Nestabilities (Oval) and my Stickles were all from my old stash. This is just a little bookmark I made for myself. It's a corner bookmark, but I trimmed the edges so it curves with the oval. I just couldn't bear to part with the image...I just love it too much! LOL!

So how did I do her tail? I used three Copics YG21, YG25 and BG15. Then I followed the fabulous tutorial from the May 2011 CardMaker Magazine on pg. 29. I started by making large dots with the BG15, then added more random dots with the YG25. Then I used a swirly motion to fill in/blend it all together with the YG21. I used a stamp from the Bitty Backgrounds by Unity and stamped over the tail with black ink. Then cut out her tail and pieced it on. 

I used those same Copic colors for her hair--PLUS BG10 and BG11--in a random application just going with what worked. Next I masked the image and used the Bitty Background stamp in 3 different inks from a Martha Stewart Cat Eye set for the "bubbles". 

Sooo much fun--if I was a mermaid, I would hope that I would be as beautiful as she is! LOL!

Challenge List
1. Crazy Egg Challenge #70~ Something New

Bookmark Details
Stamps: Bubbles Lostlagoon (Sweet November-CC Designs); Bitty Backgrounds (Unity)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E50, E51, E21, BG10, BG11, BG15, YG21, YG0000, YG25, R20)
Paper: Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink); Taken with Teal (SU-retired)
Accessories: adhesive gems, "Stardust" and "Crystal" Stickles, Ovals Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

7 Words of Love:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! Such a gorgeous image, so beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz this week!

laney said...

Super Card!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Robin Parker said...

Love the color combination and the bling in her hair. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge of Blue.

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Liza,

Happy New Year 2012! Health! Prosperity! Creativity!

I like ! Fabulous project ! Delicat and well-kept work ! Continue like that, I like !!!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Debs said...

Gorgeous image and perfectly coloured.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this time & good luck.
Debs xx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Helen said...

Beautiful and your colouring is amazing!

Helen x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps