Monday, January 16, 2012

But you, O Lord, are a shield about me...

Today was the first day of a new Bible Study group I'm participating in called Good Morning Girls. A group of fellow homeschooling moms and I are corresponding thru a 12 week study on the book of Ephesians and each of us has a journal of sorts that we use to record our daily thoughts. Some just printed the provided binder pages...but I like lines to write on, so I am using a composition notebook. I gleefully decorated my notebook today pulling out all sorts of stash that I've been "saving" and just going whole hog since it's mine...all mine! LOL!
(click on the picture for a larger shot)
I've used one of my absolute FAVORITE by the sheet papers that I buy at Hobby Lobby called Maya Floral by Glitz Design. I just love the collage on this paper with it's navy and rose combination! I chose to accent it with Night of Navy with die-cuts (Fancy Flourish by My Favorite Things) and with some new Stampin' Up ribbon I bought in the Clearance Sale. The lace on the edge is from the $1 bin at Wal-Mart and I edged it with some gorgeous Night of Navy Taffeta ribbon with a silver edge. You can't see it very well, but it's gorgeous!
Here is a closeup of the quote panel (4 x 6) so you can see the bling I added as well as the faux stitching...pictures don't do this notebook justice of all the sparkles I added!
I decided on this wonderful scripture stamp (Psalm 3:3) by Verve--one of my favorite verses in the Bible and set it off with gems, and paper flowers using the Prima Donna Petals by My Favorite Things. I used flower gems (I've been hoarding them!) for the centers and as accents on the flourishes. The lace edge is from my stash and I wrapped the navy grosgrain ribbon all the way around the book so I could "bind it up" each time.

I wish I had a bigger photo booth for taking a decent picture of this...but sadly I don't and it's a rainy winter day so the natural light stinks right now...trust me when I say, that pictures REALLY don't do this baby justice and I'm just tickled to death with it!

Challenge List:
1. Make it Monday #72 ~Anything Goes
4. The Ribbon Girls #15~ Blue and Pink
(I used Navy and Pink)
Photobucket

Project Details
Altered Composition Notebook
Stamps: Psalm 3:3 (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU), White (Papertrey Ink); DP-Maya Floral by Glitz Design
Accessories: Prima Donna Petal Dienamic (MFT), Fancy Flourish Dienamic (MFT), Circle Nestabilties and Small Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), lace, Night of Navy Grosgrain ribbon (SU), 1/8" Navy Taffeta ribbon (SU) and gems



11 Words of Love:

Archana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the sentiment.
Thanks for joining with us on Sentimental Sundays.

happyglitzygirl said...

Just beautiful Lisa, love it. Love the papers and the scripture, have fun with your new bible study group. You've inspired me to go a 'bedazzle' my journal and dream book. Blessings Hilde

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love all the layers! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane

Josephine said...

What beautiful papers! Fabulous card.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week and good luck!

Lisa M said...

Lisa your work here is just stunning! The pictures, I think, are still just gorgeous. Lovely amount of work and detail you've put into this! Nicely done. :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

This is beautiful hun, love the layout and colours, saw u on MIM, Thanks 4 sharing hun
Hugz
Kenzi xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Saw your card on MIM and just wanted to say how beautiful it is.
Diane xx
p.s pop on over to my blog and check out the 1/2 price stamp sale x

Jenn said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays for our ribbon challenge!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sunday and hope to see you next week.

my little scrapping corner said...

gorgeous project. love it

thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps