Monday, December 12, 2011

Jar of Hearts

There is a super fun challenge going on at Make it Colourful sponsored by the fabulous Make It Crafty store. The challenge this month is to take an image used in the past and then recolor it! Why? Well, mostly to show how you've grown and your style has changed!

I have SOOOO many images that I could do this with...but I decided to start "at the beginning" and recolor the image I used for one of the cards I originally submitted to be on the Paper Makeup Stamps design team...way back in 2009!

Here is the *original* card and image from 2009...

This is Lauren in Love by Paper Makeup Stamps and in this photo she's colored with watercolor pencils...my medium of choice at the time since I didn't own any Copics yet.

Here is my *recolored* version of Lauren...
ETA: Yes! You are reading that correctly! This card is being published--so you will need to go see it in the online magazine until sometime in February!
As you can see things have most definitely gone up a notch since 2009! I actually even added way more to this card then originally intended--I mean the whole lace/bow/pearl thing is so not typical, but it totally worked for this paper! I paper pieced part of Lauren's dress then used my Copics for the rest. She shimmers and shines with Stickled wings and a jar full of love...I stickled over the sentiment for even more bling! The word "love" was taken from THIS sentiment by PMS.

I really like the way this showcases how I've grown since the original one was created!

Remember, that if you want this darling rubber stamp for your own, you need to snag it while you still can! Katie is discontinuing all her rubber stamps for PMS, so there isn't much time and Lauren in Love is so darling for paper piecing! Remember to use the code CLOSEOUT45 and get 45% off your rubber order!

Challenge List
1. Make it Colourful #42~ Recolor old Image
3. Make it Monday #67~ Anything Goes

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Lauren in Love (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E000, E00, E21, E25, E35, E37, V000, V91, V95, BG75, BG78,C00, N1, R20)
Paper: CS-Pale Plum (SU-retired), White (Papertrey Ink); DP-"Jubilee Pink & Teal Collage" (K&Co)
Accessories: Lacey Squares Nestabilities, Charming Ovals Dies (verve), pearl strands, fabric rose, lace, "Stardust" and "Crystal" Stickles, pearls

5 Words of Love:

Lisa M said...

Oh my goodness! Just when I think I really like the first one, the second one rolls by and then it's soooo pretty! Wonderful image and your layering of elements is fantastic. :) The draped pearls are a beautiful touch..

Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Brodders said...

Lots of sparkly wonderfulness :)
Thanks for joining this week at Cupcake and good luck x

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

These are both beautiful, Lisa, but your new one is amazing! So beautifully coloured!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What sweet cards! Love the subtle sparkle on the wings! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

having a {me} day said...

Beautiful sparkly card! Thanks for playing at Cupcake, keeley

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps