Friday, December 09, 2011

Inking up Holly

I was digging through my stamps the other day and found one for the season that hadn't seen ink yet...so here is sweet little Holly!


This polka dot paper is from one of my very first ever paper pads! But I just love the polka dots and the colors so I decided to play with it! I colored Holly (by Paper Makeup Stamps) with Copics on Kraft paper (Papertrey Ink). It really really softens the colors, so sometimes it's best to try it out on scrap to see if that will be the hue you want. I played around with my corners for something different...then had fun using my new Spellbinders Snowflake die. I layered two different snowflakes from the set, then added Stickles to the top one with a gem. The ribbon slide is a white chipboard one I found in my stash. I colored it and bedazzled it! I loaded up the Stickles on Holly's cape and boots for a chunky look.  I really need to get some of that...what is it called..Liquid Applique? Is that the stuff that swells up when you heat it? I'd have fun with that!

Challenge List 

Photobucket

4 Words of Love:

Lisa M said...

Lisa,
This is fantastic!! I LOVE the polka dot paper and all your embellishments coordinate so perfectly. Wonderful festive card!! :)
As far as what that stuff is called, LOL..I have no idea. I just call it the puffy stuff. Ha! I need some of that too.
Have a great weekend,
Lisa (aka) the other Lisa M

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty weekend, Debxx

Kate said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors you used. Thank you so much for playing with us over at Sassy Studio Designs Dare to Be Sassy Thursday.

Hugs,
Kate

Kim Kelley said...

WOW the blue and brown look great as Christmas colors! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs DTBST! HUGS

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps