Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How Kind

I didn't say anything earlier, but my birthday was this past Friday...no exciting number--just another 30 something one. But my family made it special sending me a few nice things, and my boys took me out to dinner Saturday evening. Today I received my gift from my aunt--but I was so estatic about the gift wrap, it me awhile to open the box! LOL! anyone else ever done that before??

Needless to say, I carefully kept the paper and I used it to make her a card of thanks. Now anyone who knows me and my style will go "Woh!' when they see this color combo as it's not exactly something you would expect...but with the fabulous paper, how could I not?

I was tickled that the luscious pink in the flowers matched EXACTLY Papertrey Ink's Raspberry Fizz paper! What a great intense color to put with black?! the pictures truly do not do it justice! And then to add a lime green for accent--it was easy since it was the underside of that FABULOUS gift wrap!!! I had this scrap of ribbon which was perfect! I scored the lime paper for some extra texture to go with the embossed black panel. This layout is courtesy of Cupcake Craft Challenges #172 Sketch.

I coordinated the inside by cutting out one of the big flowers from the paper and gluing it to the black paper. I have some fun gel pens to write with for my message. The sentiments are all by Verve.

This was such a fun and vibrant card to make--I hope my aunt will like it was much as I do!

Challenge List
1. Cupcake Craft Challenges #172~ Sketch

Photobucket

Card Details
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Basic Black (SU) and patterned paper is gift wrap
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), black pearls, lime ribbon, Charming Ovals die (Verve)

8 Words of Love:

Hlora said...

So cute! Very bright job! Fab team up with the paper and gorgeous colours. I saw your card on ‘Make it Monday’

Lisa M said...

Lisa!
This is stunningly beautiful! What gorgeous colors and the natural flair you have for decorating is outstanding. :)

Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday!
Good luck to you and Happy Belated Birthday!
Hugs,
Lisa xx
p.s. LOVE this song on your blog!!! :D

Tina said...

wow beautiful colors...amazing

Tina

Anita Hovey said...

WOW...that's gorgeous! I love the bright colors on black.

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is stunning, Lisa! Love that beautiful wrapping paper, and what a great way to feature it in a return thank you card!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Pritesh Ananth Krishnan said...

It's a GORGEOUS card!

Coming to visit through Make it Monday :)

Faye said...

Oh this is soo fab. Love the zingy and striking colour combo. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Have a lovely Christmas and Good Luck. x

louise said...

Great take on the Cupcake sketch I love the bright colours,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Hugs Louise xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps