Sunday, November 13, 2011

Start your...turkeys??!!

I love Thanksgiving! It's one holiday that I enjoy for a month! We've been working on a lot of Thanksgiving themed things in homeschooling and I love Thanksgiving cards--and I'm a sucker for cute Thanksgiving images and Pink Cat Studio has some super cute ones--which is handy since they are the sponsor this week at Paper Sundaes Challenge blog--and graciously offered the DT a digi to try!
So what Pink Cat Studio digi did I choose? Well I decided to challenge myself with my coloring...and chose a turkey! But not just any turkey...I chose a...racing turkey?

This image (Itty Bitty Betty-Turkey Ride) just made me laugh out loud! I asked my son if he though the turkey was happy to be running with someone on his back or not and he said "No mommy! He's trying to get away!" I on the other hand think that he's a confident turkey...knowing that if he runs his best he'll avoid BEING the dinner this year! LOL!

Seriously though, I held my breath coloring this fella because he was just turning out so well! I absolutely ADORE how he turned out! And yes, his head and foot ARE popped up! I cut outside of the circle to give it more fun edges and added just a bit of glitz to his stripe. This simple Thanksgiving themed paper was an easy choice for the card, as was the twine and the touch of orange in the button! I'm seriously in love with this card and can't wait to send it out to my parents for their Thanksgiving card this year! They'll love it!

Join us this week in our digi challenge for Paper Sundaes Challenge--that's the challenge--to use a Digi stamp!
Photobucket

5 Words of Love:

Crystal said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving card Lisa! I laughed at the turkey trying to get away from being dinner comment. Love the layout and Thanksgiving DP too. Happy Sunday :)

Amanda R said...

Love it Lisa and the dimension in his foot and beak are great! I think he is enjoying himself too and so is the little girl! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lisa M said...

I love this card! Excellent array of fall colors and those eyeballs on the turkey are PERFECT!!! :)

Carma said...

So, so cute and your coloring is fabulous. Don't you just love it when it's turning out great and nothing goes wrong! This is really a winner!!

This N That said...

First, love this card. WOW!!! I love it. "he's trying to get away". Smart kid, haha! This image is freakin adorable. And your coloring is great!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps