Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bookmarks and Birth Flowers

I am so happy that I had a chance to get some craftiness on this past week after 14 days craft free! I combined my Design Team challenges again this week--"Bookmarks" for Paper Sundaes and "Birth Flowers-be inspired by yours" for Sentimental Sundays.

Paper Sundaes is being sponsored by 
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/
I used one of my old (now retired) Sugar Nellie stamps Dress Up Maggie...she's just so cute!
I adore making corner bookmarks because they are easy AND look cute AND are great gifts! I typically don't craft with red and green--but my Birth Flower is the Poinsettia and Narcissus (December)...and since I have nothing to go with that, I took the colors of the plants for my inspiration--red, green and white! I had this single piece of patterned paper that I took my theme from.

I thought that this stamp from the set "Words of Wisdom" by Verve went well with the image and the idea of it on a bookmark. I am going to keep this little gem for myself because I just think it's darling!

We hope you will make a bookmark of some sort and add your creation to our Paper Sundaes post--and if you want to play along with our Sentimental Sundays challenge--check out your Birth Flower HERE and then be inspired! Remember to incorporate a sentiment and you are good to go!
Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Dress Up Maggie-Retired (Sugar Nellie); Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (just ask!)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (Stampin Up), Stampers Select white (PTI) and patterned paper from stash
Accessories: ribbon, silver pearls, "Silver" Stickles, Real Estate Sign Punch (EK Success), paper piercer, dimensionals

1 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps