Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anything Goes But...

Happy Sunday! I'm going to be swamped today! My sister-in-law is getting married today here on the farm and expecting about 200 guests! I am in charge of the food for the reception! Needless to say I'm sooo busy! I have been all week, so I combined my challenges for today.

This week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays is to "Step outside your comfort zone"--do something you typically AVOID doing or using to make your creation this week--as always made sure you have a sentiment! The challenge this week for Paper Sundaes is an easy one...ANYTHING GOES! Our sponsor for Paper Sundaes this week is


I have quite a few images which Michelle's carries...but this week was busy and then I couldn't create anything them for the life of me! But Michelle's does carry a great line of Copic markers...something I DID use.

Okay--so how did I step out of my comfort zone for this card? Well, I am a rubber stamper. And I adore paper. And I LOVE paper piecing outfits. It's soooo easy to do. So I went out of my zone and used a DIGI image and DIGI paper and then paper pieced with it! Trust me. When you only have Microsoft Word, it takes FOREVER to get it right! I paper pieced the boots, umbrella AND the dress for this FABULOUS digi image--a freebie offered by my darling friend Shaela of Yellow Umbrella Designs. The digi paper is from a set by Kristin Bueter of Mindless Creativity! I love this set and it coordinates with some colors by Stampin Up.

I popped up the umbrella when I paper pieced it and then went over the umbrella and her darling boots with Glossy Accents so it really makes them super cute! The sentiment is from the same digi set by Shaela and the inside has the other sentiment in the set "Expecting...rain?" So cute! I loved adding the little gems to "rain" on her hand. Oh and the size of the sentiment on the front bugs me--but I didn't want to reprint it! LOL!

Hope you will play with both of these challenges this week! Click HERE to visit Sentimental Sundays to upload your card and click HERE to visit Paper Sundaes to upload your card!
Photobucket

5 Words of Love:

Amanda R said...

Lovely Lisa and I hope your sister has a beautiful wedding!

Tracey said...

You did a fabulous job with the digi paper piecing Lisa, you card is gorgeous :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

raindropecho said...

Gorgeous creation, Lisa! Way to step out of your comfort zone!! The paper piecing is just divine. It's been such a pleasure being with you on Sentimental Sundays and I wish you the very best!

♥ Ann

Lisa M said...

Probably one of the most adorable congratulations cards I've ever seen! Looks great Lisa and I love the CAS aspect. Kudos to you for stepping out of the comfort zone..it paid off.
Lisa :)

Sandra said...

Beautiful card! Love how your bling looks like rain! :) Hugs Sandra

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps