Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunset Silhouette

Happy Tuesday! Man, we are SWELTERING here in the Ohio River Valley! The temperature has been over 90 degrees almost every day for the last 2 weeks! AND there is 90% and HIGHER humidity to go with that! It was so humid this morning, my car was sweating on the outside and it was dripping! THAT is seriously humid! Good thing I have blessed Air Conditioning and a craft desk calling my name!

How often do you do use the technique Emboss Resist? Have you ever tried it before? If not, I'm telling you that you need to add this fabulous (and oh so easy!) technique to your crafting! I have been playing around with this technique with various stamps (see THIS CARD I made with a Verve Set) but REALLY love using the fabulous Fairy Silhouettes by Paper Makeup Stamps.
The typical emboss resist is to use watermark ink with clear embossing powder on white paper and then add ink around it to make it pop. That is a beautiful look, but I wanted to accentuate the dark silhouette of a fairy. So I stamped my Kirsten Silhouette with black ink and embossed her with clear embossing powder. Then I used four different ink colors and sponged all around her to create a sunset scene. I wiped off the fairy image and the silhouette really popped out! I added some grass using my multi-liner pen and I think I actually kind of made it look like sand with the sand grass sticking out--I love it!

This is just another way to really have fun with silhouette images--why not try it for yourself?!

Until next time,
Photobucket

1 Words of Love:

Sassy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps