Sunday, July 10, 2011

Singing for Paper Sundaes!

Ack! I totally forgot to get this post up this morning! I remembered last night while I was out on a date with my hubby--so couldn't do anything until I got up this morning...since we didn't get home until TWO AM!

This week's challenge at Paper Sundaes is to do one of my favorite techniques PAPER PIECING! I just adore paper piecing because I am huge on coordinating my images to my paper AND because I don't like coloring large spaces. If you haven't tried Paper Piecing yet, you really should because it is SUPER easy and adds extra mmmmffff to your creations!

This week our sponsor is Heather Ellis Digi Stamp Characters! You might know her from her Pure Innocence line that My Favorite Things carries...but she has even MORE characters in her own digi store!

We were generously given free digis to play with and I went with the darling little girl on the bench.
She just goes perfectly with a sentiment from Love Birds by There She Goes Clear Stamps--even the little notes are in that set! I ran matching paper thru my printer to get her dress to coordinate and colored the rest of the image with my Copics. I (loosely) used the July SFYTT as my layout--see below.

We hope you will Paper Piece with us this week at Paper Sundaes! You can upload your creation AND see what FABULOUS creations the other Sundae Girls came up with on TODAY'S POST--make sure you use the keyword PSC77 if you upload to SCS!

Challenge List:

Photobucket

Card Details:
Stamps: Digi by Heather Ellis, "Love Birds" by TSG
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Coloring: Copics
Paper: CS-Red Razzleberry (SU) and White (PTI); DP-Cottage Wall (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities, Double Loop Punch (Martha Stewart), Diamonds embossing folder (Sizzix), Daisy punch (Marvy), brads, ribbon

9 Words of Love:

Amanda R said...

So adorable Lisa! Love the colors and the border punch you used!

sara said...

love this lisa that image is so sweet love her spotty dress
hugs sara x x

Crystal said...

Great card Lisa, LOVE your layout and that sentiment is perfect for this image! I LOVE paper piecing, definitely need to do more of it! Enjoy your Sunday :)

Fiona said...

this is lovely Lisa, fab colours and the sentiment is so prefect!!

Fi
x

Angie said...

Fab card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wiwwww, love your embossing folder,,,,,OMG and how you colored the adorable pict......yeahh...

Jenny said...

Aren't these images just perfect for paper piecing? Your image looks fabulous and I love that border punch. hugs jenny b x

Julye said...

Love your colour scheme, thanks for sharing with us all here at OSAAT and good luck.

Marjo said...

Wonderful project, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Anything Goes” Challenge.

Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

xoxo Marjo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps