Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sentimental about Garden Parties

Can you believe it's the last day of July already? Where HAS the time gone? Being that it's Sunday, you know that means it's time a new challenge over on Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog! This week we are asking you to be creative and be inspired by a GARDEN PARTY theme! What does the idea of a Garden Party mean to you? Start listing everything that comes to mind and you will quickly see how you can create something perfect for this challenge--as always make sure you include a sentiment!

For me the theme Garden Party is all about flowers, vines, butterflies--as well as the people who would attend like your friends--and a garden party always makes me think feminine, lace and pearls! So I took a combination of those things and created my card this week.

I used this weeks SC343 sketch for my card since it was perfect for the idea I had in my head. I used some retired paper Fall Flowers by Stampin Up with Sahara Sand cardstock. I wish that I could get my hands on some Soft Blue cardstock--but it's been LONG since retired by Stampin Up. I just love the Soft Blue patterned paper I used for the butterfly. The sentiment is from a set I've had for a long time Kindred Spirits by Verve and was just the right thing for this card.

Make sure you join us at our Garden Party and upload your creation on TODAY'S POST. While you are there make sure you check out what the Sentimental Design Team has come up with as their Garden Party creations! If you upload to Splitcoast, make sure you add the tag "sentimentalsundays66"!

Challenge List
1. SC343
2. July Diva Dare for Verve
(Sentimental w/paper)

Photobucket

1 Words of Love:

Amanda R said...

I think of the same things for a garden party even though I have never been to one. Lovely card Lisa!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps