Thursday, July 21, 2011

July Diva Dare with Mojo

So I bought a ton of new paper pads not to long ago and they've been screaming at me to play with them...but when they are only 6x6 and double sided...it's almost a crime to actually USE them! LOL! So I wait and wait...but today I took the July Diva Dare for Verve and am playing with paper! I pulled out one of my new My Mind's Eye pads--the Hattie Papers of the Stella Rose line--drooled over it. Sighed over it. Then quickly tore a piece out before I could change my mind! LOL! I actually ended up using three different piece for my card...but I'm saving every scrap! LOL!
The layout is MOJO200--a fun sketch which is perfect for showcasing paper! I love that with the stitching it almost looks like a quilt! I even added a bit of fun with a flourish diecut and some gold pearls. I totally lucked out that I had a near exact match of grosgrain ribbon in my stash. I LOVE it when that happens!

As for the scripture I used...Psalm 46:1 is one of my favorites and one that I keep close to my heart whenever I just get overwhelmed with things. It is one of my go-to scriptures when it comes to encouragement and one that I quote in my talks with God on a regular basis.
I'm using this card for the Bible Verse Thursday #116 on the Christian paper Crafts Creative Blog.

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamp: Psalm 46:1 (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Enchanted Evening, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); DP-Hattie's Papers by Stella Rose (MME)
Accessories: distressing tool, LG Squares Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Punch (Marvy), Flourish diecut (Sizzix), golden grosgrain ribbon, Parisian border punch (EK Success), machine stitching, golden pearls

7 Words of Love:

Fiona said...

gorgeous card and gorgeous papers...just my kind of colours. what an awesome bow!! I am so rubbish at big bows.

Fi
x

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Lisa, what a beautiful card, love the color combination and that you sewed it. I need to do more of that with my cards as I really like the look of it. That's a great scripture you've chosen for your card. Thanks for participating in Bible Verse Thursday at Christian Paper Crafts. ~ Abby

Nadine said...

very pretty card, gorgeous paper!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I totally drool over this paper, too! Love it so much. Beautiful card!

Andrea Ewen said...

What an elegant card, Lisa! The colors are glorious and I love the combination of patterned papers you put together! Paired with the gorgeous bow and stitching...your card is an absolute knock out!

Lisa said...

Love the verse and you card is so pretty! Great paper/color combo!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is super charming Lisa!! I love the papers you combined together. And the stitching and pearls are so fun!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps