Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forever Sunset

I do not play with use my heat embossing materials enough. I mean, I have a variety of powders and all the tools I need, so why don't I use them more? So I dug them out to try a "brayer" like technique that my friend Michelle B. always used on her cards (WHICH ARE AMAZING!). I don't have a brayer, so I improvised!

Isn't it like a sunset??? So how did I do it? SUPER easy!

1. Stamp your image using clear embossing ink (I use Versamark) and then immeadiately pour your embossing powder on it and heatset. I used clear powder for mine since I was stamping on a nice bright white.

2. Choose your ink colors. I went with the Stampin Up colors Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Cherry Cobbler to get my sunset. Then starting with your lightest color, sponge it in a circular motion at the top of your image. Repeat this moving down with your next color slightly overlapping the previous one. Continue this until you have the gradient you are desiring. I went back over my yellow once I was done.

3. Now take a cloth and wipe off the embossed image. This will remove any traces of ink from your sponging and you will see your image POP out of the colors.

4. Now just trim you piece to the size you want and use it on your card! See, easy!

My image and sentiments come from the Forever In Our Hearts set by Verve. I stamped the sentiment "May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead" on the inside. Such a lovely sympathy card with very little effort!

I am going to use this card for the Free 4 All Challenge this week--Summertime Fun. Now I know you are thinking, but this is a SYMPATHY CARD! And I say, "I know!" but I love love LOVE summer sunsets! I think it's something to do with the heat, but the way the sun reflects and glows as it goes down, especially when on the water somewhere--like the beach or a lake--is just magical! I absolutely ADORE watching the sunset. It's my SUMMERTIME FUN.

Photobucket

5 Words of Love:

Amanda R said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I have an embossing gun too and never use it but this is so inspiring, I can think of lots things to use this technique on.

Michelle VP said...

This is just stunning, Lisa! I love the white silhouette and how it pops with your sponged colors. :)

sandi said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing and explaining how you created the sunset, will try.

Jenny said...

Fabulous card Lisa. I love this resist technique and you have chosen lovely colours. Love it! hugs jenny x

LaJanette said...

Awesome Lisa; thanks for sharing your technique! Will have to give it a try :0)

I agree sunsets are magical!

I have passed on an award to you; check it out here: http://lajanette.blogspot.com/2011/07/inspiration-award.html

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps