Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Roar" means "I love You"

Here is a card that was inspired by an outfit my son wore the other day. His romper is navy blue--and has a light blue rectangle in the middle of the chest and on that rectangle is a lime green lizard. Below that is a red rectangle which says "leaping lizards" in white. If it was clean, I'd take a picture of it...but you get the idea.

I loved that there were 5 different colors used on it--none of which really matched! I decided to base a card on it using the same colors and see what happened.

I did a Navy base and then used a pale blue scrap (embossed with the Evergreen folder by Sizzix) matted with white. I stamped my "lizard" on lime green patterned paper--another scrap--featuring cute Bronto by Paper Makeup Stamps. I stamped his eyeballs on a scrap piece of white too. I found some more scraps for the sentiment (from the Dino Essentials set) and the red mat layer. Then I dug in my scrap ribbon jar and found two small scraps--I thought they tied the red in quite nicely!

It's a funky card, but it's awfully cute too!

I'm using the card for this week's Shopping our Stash Challenge #6--everything but the card base was made with scraps.
Photobucket

4 Words of Love:

Cheryl said...

Oh this is cute! Love the design and paper piecing. Great sentiment too.



Thank you for posting my blog candy. Good luck in the draw!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Awww this is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash. That dino is just adorable!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Awesome use of your scraps and that dino is DINO-MITE! ;) (I couldn't resist).

Thanks for joining us at Shopping our Stash.

alicaz said...

Adorable! Love the papers and the sentiment is awesome!
Thanks for joining us at SHopping Our Stash!
Hugs, Alica ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps