Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vintage Tickled Pink Sundaes

It's all about going Vintage/Chic this week for the Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog! Pull out those distressing tools...sponge your edges...pile on the lace and pearls and play along with our Vintage/Chic challenge this week!

We are sponsored by the fabulous


Photobucket


We were so excited to get to choose a free digi from their fabulous line--and the newly released Lil Victorian Steampunk line is PERFECT for the challenge this week!

This is Lil Victorian Steampunk Lolia Evie! I love her outfit and I knew right away I was going to use my Ella Blue paper by GCD Studios. The antique blue roses and brown color scheme screams Vintage! I'm not real confident with my vintage/chic skills, but I decided to give it my best. I found a scrap of lace and sponged it to make it darker and cut it really rough. On top of that I wrapped a string of tiny pearls a couple times. Then I added the blue ribbon (edge in silver) and did a double loop bow. I stabbed a stick pin (MY FIRST EVER!) through the knot after adding a couple pearl beads.

I colored up the image, and then distressed the edges--and crumpled it up in my hand. Then I sponged the two shades of brown over it to make it more shabby. The final touch was spraying some Shimmer Spray over the card for a touch of glimmer--fabulous in the sun!

If I can do vintage/chic, ANYONE can do it--So go for it and show us what you got! Link up your creation on TODAY'S POST--and while you are there make sure you see what the other Sundae Girls created. Oh. My. Word. You will be amazed! Trust me!
Photobucket
Card Details
Digi Stamp: Lil Victorian Steampunk Lolita Evie (TickledPink)
Coloring: Copics--the dress was done mixing a lot of gray (C for the Blue and W for the tan) with E43 and B000
Paper: CS-Crumb Cake (Stampin up), Stampers Select White (PTI); DP-Ella Blue pad by GCD Studios
Accessories: lace, pearls, ribbon, stick pin, beads, shimmer spray, distressing tool

3 Words of Love:

Crystal said...

Lisa, you do vintage PERFECTLY!!! I love the paper and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the wrapped lace & pearls too! Happy Sunday :)

Faye said...

Hi Lisa, loving this elegant card with the soft, pretty colours. Very nice. xxx

sara said...

i love this lisa those papers were made to go with her its so pretty and feminine and perfectly vintage you MUST make more like this !!!
hugs sara x x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps