Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Bud's for you...

Hello everyone in blogworld! I hope you are all having a delightful week. Can you even BELIEVE that it’s the last full week of May? I mean, seriously?? I don’t know about the schools in your area, but our schools here only have 5 days left before their summer break! My friends who are all teachers are just counting down the days! LOL! For me, it’s kind of exciting too…because when school starts back up in August, my oldest will be starting Kindergarten! (sob!) I can’t believe my baby will be starting school!

ANYWAYS…

I have a couple of simple cards to share today that I made over the weekend. I have been trying to use scraps or the same supplies when I’m crafting lately…you know, trying to knock out more than one card from all the junk supplies that I use to craft. So after I made my card for the Paper Makeup Stamps Freebie Friday, I made two more cards using the same papers and same stamp.


Isn’t that Swirly Bud image (from the set Swirly Buds by Paper Makeup Stamps) just perfect for anniversary themed cards? I’m totally loving the elegance that it adds. The sentiment comes from the Hugs and Kisses set by Paper Makeup Stamps. It’s funny because I’ve had this swirly set for awhile but this was the FIRST time that I actually inked it up! I used one of the other swirly vine stamps for the inside of the cards too.

These were perfect cards for the Free for All Challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers—the challenge was to use opposites on the color wheel. Green and red are opposites and I just love them together, don’t you?

For Challenges:1. Creative Card Crew 5/24~ Anything Goes

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Swirly Buds and Hugs & Kisses (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (Stampin Up) and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Basic Black, Crumb Cake (Stampin Up) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories: lace, pearls (Kaiserkraft), rhinestones, Stickles

4 Words of Love:

mudmaven said...

These are gorgeous Lisa!! Going to have to get that image - very elegant and graceful. ~chris

Amanda R said...

Love these cards Lisa. Those colors are beautiful and the cards could be used for several different occasions. Very inspiring!

Carma said...

How great to use the swirly image both vertically and horizontal. It works equally well both ways!!! I do love the red and green!!!

Lia said...

AMAZING! Your projects are sooo nice! I love those swirly buds! And the colors...everything is gorgeous.


Hugs,
Lia

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps