Sunday, May 22, 2011

Paper Sundaes Topped with Pop!

Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog is ready to issue a new challenge this week...we want you to POP IT UP! Pull out those dimensionals--or maybe a pop up card--or...? There are so many ways that you can make something pop up!

Our sponsor this week is the fabulous
She is offering a gift certificate to one lucky randomly drawn participant! Her store has sooooo many different stamp lines--but when she's the sponsor, most of the Sundaes girls pull out their Magnolia stamps--as Michelle carries a FABULOUS collection of Magnolias in her store--even the new Mini ones!
And so this week I pulled out a rarely used and my ONLY Magnolia: Strawberry Tilda! Seriously, I think this was the SECOND time that I have even used her!

I had an absolute BLAST coloring her up! I enjoyed having a nice range of new Copics to choose from and I tied in her apron using my FAVORITEST technique of Paper Piecing. My "pop it up" portions are the watering can and the strawberry blossom--I even added Glossy Accents to the watering can so it looks really cool!
I went with a more classic design for this card as Magnolia's are rather large stamps...but I LOVE how it turned out! The stitching was a totally random thing! I had paper pierced the holes, but I couldn't see them, so I was like "hmm...wonder if I could turn that into stitching?"

Will you play with us this week? If you feel like you could "pop it up", upload your creation to TODAY'S POST--and while you are there, check out what the other Sundae Girls--including our BRAND NEW Sundae Girls (Jenny, Amanda, Faye and Sara) created for you!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Strawberry Tilda (Magnolia)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Pretty in Pink (SU)
Coloring: Copics (leave me a message if you want to know any specifics!)
Paper: CS-Stampers Select White (PTI); DP-"Olivia" paper pad by Basic Grey
Accessories: distressing tool, floss, paper piecer, Glossy Accents, Rhinestones

15 Words of Love:

alicaz said...

Love it! She's so cute in her paper pieced dress with the shiny watering can!
Happy Sunday!

Linda said...

Oh Lisa do not be hesitant!!!! This is amazing!!! You colored her so beautifully!!!! Way to go and excellent work!!!!!

Stamper Gyrl said...

Very pretty card. I love how simple and delicate it looks.
Tracy/Portland, OR

Myrna said...

Super sweet card Lisa! I love CAS cards.

paola said...

VEry sweet, her dress pieced to perfection and the glaze on the watering can is a perfect accompaniment, really lovely!
smiles
Paola

Amanda R said...

Lovely card Lisa, you can really see how things are popped up at the angle you took the picture. Lovely choice of colors and the shiny watering can is adorable!

Beth said...

Lisa, what a gorgeous card! Love your paper piecing on adorable Tilda, your stitching, and the shiny watering can! Great job! Enjoy your Sunday!

Cricket said...

Lisa, this is adorable!

Rene said...

Awww...this is adorable!
Rene :D

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Nice job, bye mascha

Lisa Kind said...

Your Tilda card is very pretty, Lisa! Great choice of colors and love the paper pieced apron! Very pretty!

Dianne M said...

What a lovely job! I love the colours you used and the watering can is sweet.

dianne m

Pat said...

Oh Lisa... whay a sweet card! Your coloring is so pretty...and I love the stitching and paper piecing. The 3-D effect on the flower and glaze on the watering can are positively perfect!
Pat Frank

cabio's craft corner said...

Delightful card and love that glittery flower :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Christina C. said...

Your card is adorable....love the paper piecing!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps