Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mama said there'll be days like this...

Welcome to the first Sentimental Sundays Challenge for April! Are you ready for another month of great challenges? Today's challenge is spring inspired...we want to see creations inspired by one thing that all creation needs to blossom and grow during springtime--WATER! We want you to feature water in some way on your creation--and as always make sure you include a sentiment!

Our sponsor for this week is the fabulous

One lucky participant will win a gift certificate to her delightful digi shop!

I have several water related images that I could have used for today's challenge--but I went with my favorite...good ole' Sourpuss!
(click pic for better view)

I mean, what's not to love about that poor kitty?!! He's one of my favorite Paper Makeup Stamps characters--and THAT is no small feat! I was inspired by the gatefold card on page 56 of the March 2011 CardMaker Magazine. I used the color combo of Kraft, Basic Grey and More Mustard because it was just a rainy day combination! I used the "out of the box" cutting technique for the image and opted on twine instead of ribbon. The sentiment is from the Feelin' Groovy set by Verve and perfect for this poor kitty's situation! LOL!

I hope you will join us in our Water themed challenge for Sentimental Sundays. To enter your creations, just visit TODAY'S POST and add it to Mr. Linky. If you are uploading to Splitcoast, you can add the tag sentimentalsundays49.
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Sourpuss (PMS), Feelin' Groovy (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (Cloud-C's, Sourpuss-Y21, YR23, E37, Rain-B00, Shadow-W1)
Paper: CS-Basic Grey, More Mustard, Kraft (Stampin' Up); DP-"Haiku" (Stampin Up)
Accessories: twine, button, dimensionals, white gel pen
Tools: Classic Rectangles SM w/Cuttlebug

3 Words of Love:

Cheryl said...

I love, love, love your card Lisa. You used such a great image and sentiment!

nicoleqmullen said...

This is fantastic Lisa, I just love the image and the sentiment is too perfect with it!!

Carma said...

Love your gatefold and the sentiment is perfect with Sourpuss!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps