Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Learning the Diva Rain Dance

What is it about the Verve stamps that always bring my mojo? I don't know what it is but I always seem to pull cards for Verve challenges together faster than most any other--and not just faster, but I always like them more. Weird. But nice! LOL!

This card is a Verve Challenge Combo--it's my entry for Viva la Verve April 2011 Week #1 and it's for Get Your Diva On April 2011.

The layout is the VLV challenge, the colors and accessories are for the GYDO challenge--here was my recipe according to the first letter of my name (L):

Embellishments: Twine, Buttons, Brads
Colors: Turquoise, Pink and Brown
Layers/Shape: 4 layers or Circle Shape

I totally fudged on the layers--I spaced about having to count my sentiment layer--so just pretend you don't see it! ;-) I'm always bad about counting layers anyways...so I'll probably try this recipe again and do it right or switch to a circlular card instead. But I do like this card...a lot!
Photobucket
Card DetailsStamps: Blue Skies (Verve)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Crumb Cake (SU); DP-My Mind's Eye
Supplies: brads, buttons, twine, Stickles
Tools: Eyelet Circles and Classic Squares LG Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

1 Words of Love:

Loretta said...

Hi Lisa! Really fabulous card there - I have got to use that Verve sketch because it really is wonderful and you have done it so much justice!!!

You asked what I use for the white dots to label my Ciao markers here;http://lovetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/by-lori-designs-colour-challenge-cutie.html

I have a little 1/4" circle punch from ek success and the adhesive paper is just unprinted address labels. So super simple, eh?!!

Have a terrific day!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps