Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Wild Thing...I think I love you!

Christy Croll sent out a request a few weeks ago for help. She wanted to shower a friend with birthday cards...40 to be exact...40 to wish her friend a happy 40th birthday. She asked that her fans help her and all we had to do was send her an email and she'd send us back the info...including some freebies to play with!

I love Christy Croll's line Tiddly Inks so I gladly offered to help out...she sent out little Wild Thing to play with and I just couldn't resist!
(You know, lately I have a thing with animals holding balloons...hmmm)

Christy said her friend loves black/white/red and since that is one of MY faves, I gladly used it for my color theme. This little guy could be a little lion, but today he reminded me of a cat with a bad hair day! LOL! I colored him with C's and added a few highlights with my white gel pen.

I stamped a simple Happy Birthday on the inside using a sentiment from the Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

It was nice to use up some scraps with this card--and it turned out just how I wanted!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps
: Wild Thing digi (Tiddlyinks); Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (C1, C3, C5, R27, R29)
Paper: Real Red and Basic Black (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories: polka dot red ribbon, "Diamond" Stickles, foam tape, gems
Tools: Small Scalloped Squares, Standard Squares LG Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Polka Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

5 Words of Love:

Dorcas said...

Oh this is stinkin cute!!

Happy Honu said...

Your card is really cute. I love the color combo, and that cat is so cute, coloring is done great...Thanks for sharing :)

alicaz said...

aww, this is sooo cute! Love it!

Carma said...

Adorable!!! Love the red and black!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card, Lisa!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps