Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Simple Blessings

I love making the deceptively simple cards…the ones that LOOK like it took you a long time, but with a few quick steps was a 15 minute (or less) card! I stumbled across one such card in the Splitcoaststampers gallery awhile back. I immeadiately added it to my favorites to save for a CASE. The original version of this card is by willsygirl and can be seen HERE. Isn’t it gorgeous????

Here is my take on it…

I used the same leafy branch and color theme (Early Espresso and Very Vanilla) but instead of using an embossed border folder, I used my leafy embossing folder from the Cindy Loo set. I love it! Rather than a simple Thank You card, I pulled out one of my beautiful sentiment sets by Verve. I still used the pearls because I LOVE the elegance they add. I embossed the left side of my inner layer to carry the outer design inside.

For Challenges:
1. Woodware USA #20: Clean and Simple

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Sweet Summer (SAB SU), Joy for the Journey (Verve)
Ink: Early Espresso (SU)
Paper: Early Espresso and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Accessories: adhesive pearls, dimensionals
Tools: Leaves folder from Cindy Loo collection (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine

4 Words of Love:

Carma said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Just breathtaking!

Kiehn said...

beautiful card...oh my goodness simple is always fun to do...and so elegant

Tina

Nancy said...

I love the high contrast of the Early Espresso with the Very Vanilla!! Your pearls are the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!

Anne said...

Wonderful CAS card, so elegant looking!! So glad you joined us over at the WWUSA blog challenge this week!
Hugs,
Anne

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps