Sunday, March 13, 2011

Once you choose green hope...

It’s a new challenge for Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog! This week we are encouraging you to “GO GREEN!” We want you to use green for your theme—which could mean for color choices, images/sentiments encouraging being earth friendly, or using recycled things for your cards/projects! The sky’s the limit for this challenge on how you interpret it…but as always, make sure you include a sentiment so you can be entered to win our lovely prize!
I decided to use not just the color green, but to use something from my trash for my card. I started by tearing off a piece of my empty cardboard case which had my organic tomato sauce in it! (see, DOUBLY green! LOL!) It was a thin piece, so I knew I could easily dry emboss on it. I ran it thru my Cuttlebug using the Leafy Branch embossing folder. To make the image stand out a bit more, I sponged Old Olive and Galaxy Gold ink all over it in a circular motion. Now it’s shiny! Then I stamped this lovely word art from the Paper Makeup Stamps set Faith-Hope-Love in Old Olive.

(The sentiment is not as dark as I like, so next time I will use brown ink)

I layered it on Very Vanilla, and then distressed the edges. After wrapping some twine around it a few times, I pulled out this super old gold sticker sheet and went for a butterfly. I punched a hole in the top and tied it to the twine.

I used more Very Vanilla for the inside, embossing a portion of the piece with the Leafy Branch. Then I ran my sponge over it again applying any remaining gold or olive ink residue and added one more butterfly.

I really like the earthy-ness of this card and I definitely went GREEN!

Can’t wait to see what you create for our GO GREEN challenge for Sentimental Sundays. Why not check out what the other Sentimental Gals came up with by checking out TODAY’S POST…then create your own “green” and share it with us! If uploading to SCS use the keyword “sentimentalsundays46” so we can find it easily!

FOR CHALLENGES:

1. Card Makin’ Mommas #16~ Something Green
2. Colour Create Challenge #66~ Greens/Olive, Brown, Cream and Black w/optional Leaves
(I kinda forgot the black…whoops! Hope it will still work!)

Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps: Faith-Hope-Love (PMS)
Ink: Old Olive (SU) and Galaxy Gold (Brilliance Metallic)
Paper: CS-Old Olive, Very Vanilla (SU) and piece of cardboard
Accessories: gold butterfly sticker, twine
Tools: “Leafy Branch” embossing folder, Cuttlebug

5 Words of Love:

Kerry Steger said...

Wow,
That is a very stunning card! I love the texture you have used on the card and the embossing is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with the Colour Create challenge this fortnight!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Lisa, so elegant. I love the decorated inside too :)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous work!! Thanks for joining in with our no flowers challenge at the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x

Cheryl said...

This is a beautiful card!

Tameko said...

Fabulous card. Nice job on the challenge this week.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps