Sunday, March 06, 2011

May all your Tiddly dreams be of Paper Sundaes!

Happy Sunday! It's the first Sunday in March...can you even imagine that? I want Spring to get her very very soon! I'm starting to reach for the more cheerful colors and enjoyed playing with some new things for this week's Paper Sundaes Challenge!

Our Paper Sundaes Challenge #59 this week is STRIPES! Our sponsor is the super fantabulous digi company TIDDLY INKS by the equally fantabulous designer Christy Croll! Christy generously let each of the Sundae Girls choose a new digi to work with this week. I was so conflicted about which one I wanted to use, but settled on the beautiful Fairy Fae...

This image is Fairy Fae Catches a Star and I just love the side view of this darling little fairy. I pulled all my inspiration from the piece of green/pink/silver striped layer. But it's NOT patterend paper, not really. It's actually a piece from a recycled greeting card! I received it AGES ago from someone and KNEW I had to save it to be recycled into something else. So when I saw this challenge I knew it was time! I was tickled to discover that my BRAND NEW Papertrey Ink cardstock sampler had TWO colors which coordinated nearly exact! The Spring Moss and Sweet Blush colors were perfect for a spring fairy card!

I used the new (for me) technique of the shadow dots around the image. It's pretty cool looking and VERY easy. Feather blending on her dress and wings allowed me to stick with just a couple Copics...and of course I was eager to go whole hog on the bling, but restrained myself (WITH DIFFICULTY!!) to just a more subtle sparkle. But boy she is just stunning in the sunlight!

We hope you will join us this week for our Paper Sundaes Challenge #59 (PSC59) of Stripes! Make sure you check out what some of the other Sundaes Girls did this week--many of them using Tiddly Inks images!

For Challenges:
1. Splitcoast Stampers SC322 (see below)
2. Flutterby Wednesday #144~ Anything Goes

Photobucket
Card Details
Image:
Fairy Fae catches a Star (Tiddly Inks), Always on my mind (Verve)
Ink: Going Gray (Stampin up)
Colorings: Copics
Paper: CS-Spring Moss and Sweet Blush (PTI), White (Georgia Pacific); Striped paper-recycled card

Accessories: "diamond", "Stardust" and "Silver" Stickles, silver braided cord, foam tape, translucent embossing powder
Tools: embossing folder from Heritage collection (Cuttlebug), heat gun, Cuttlebug

1 Words of Love:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Lisa, this is amazing!! Her skirt is just gorgeous!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps