Sunday, March 20, 2011

Laughter is Magic Paper Sundaes

It's the first day of Spring! Hallelujah! I'm so over the winter and ready to bust out my capris and flipflops! How about you? I'm enjoying using spring colors in my crafting lately...and reached for them again with this week's Paper Sundaes Challenge!

Our challenge this week is EMBOSSING! Wet or Dry--we want to see embossing on your projects! If you are like me, then this is going to be a SUPER easy challenge for you...I used dry embossing on nearly every project I make! Me and my Cuttlebug are tight! LOL!

This week's sponsor for our EMBOSSING challenge is:
Photobucket

Simon Says Stamp offers an amazing collection of paper crafting supplies and nearly all the popular brand names in the stamp world! Many of the supplies I used today are available at SSS!
One thing that I love about Provo Craft is that they expanded their embossing folders to include the 5 x 7 size which allows for card front embossing on 5" square cards! This folder is Polka Dots and is used more than any of my other 5 x 7 folders. I embossed my Sage Shadow card front and then also embossed my paper pieces I used for the bow and skirt of the image. The patterned paper is from the Olivia Basic Grey collection and I'm super sad because it was my last big piece! I need to get some 12 x 12 of that pattern! I had fun coordinating this Hope & Grace (from The Greeting Farm) image to match with her plaid headband, jacket and shoes! The sentiment is from the Hope & Grace stamp set too.

What do you think about the stitching on the plaid pieces? Isn't it awesome?! It's from my new There She Goes set In Stitches! I love how easy it was to make it look stitched!

For Challenges:
Sew Many Challenges #47~ A Sketch (see below)
(my card is done up in Sage Shadow--a hue of green)

I hope you join us in our EMBOSSING challenge for Paper Sundaes this week! And while you are at it, why not combine your Paper Sundaes entry with the Sentimental Sundays Challenge for the week? {CLICK HERE} to see this week's challenge!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps
: Hope & Grace (The Greeting Farm), In Stitches (TSG)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E000, E00, E21, R00, C1, Y21, YR23, BG000, R20)
Paper: CS-Sage Shadow (Retired Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Olivia paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: white buttons, pink floss, dimensionals
Tools: Classic Rectangles SM Nestabilities, Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug

4 Words of Love:

Karli said...

so cute :) Luuuv the paper piecing too. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative card Crew with your green creation. Hope you'll join us again! Hugs~

Carma said...

How sweet is this? Just adorable!!! Love the plaid and the "faux" stitching.

Cath said...

Awww...She is so sweet! :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute, I love the stitching and the paper piecing. An awesome layout.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps