Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Biking Black and Blues (and Green!)

My dad just had a bad bicycle wreck (hit and run--with a dog!) on Monday evening and landed in the ER with a badly broken clavicle (aka collar bone). He's imobile in a sling right now until his appointment at the fracture clinic to determine whether or not he's going to need surgery (It's likely!)--so I felt like I needed to send him a card. So with a bit of humor behind it, I chose an image from my new Everyday Button Bits set by Papertrek Ink for my card.
Yeah, the bike! But I thought it was just perfect--especially when paired with this sentiment (from the same set)! I embossed the card front using my Tartan 5 x 7" embossing folder and mounted the image onto my new favorite green cardstock New Leaf by PTI. Added some of my new PTI buttons and *viola*! A card to brighten up my dad's day!

For Challenges:
1. Anything Goes Challenge Blog 3/8/2011~Die Cuts
(used my square Nestabilities)
2. Card Makin' Mommas #16~ Something Green
3. Cute Card Thursday #154~ Signs of Spring
(bike riding and the color green are sure signs of spring!)
(I think of the color green and biking outside)
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps
: Everydayt Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (C3, C5, G17)
Paper: CS-New Leaf (PTI), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories: New Leaf buttons (PTI), sticky dots
Tools: Classic Squares LG Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Tartan" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine

5 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Looks like the perfect card for the occasion, Lisa! I really like the CAS style and the pop of green against the white. :)

Christine - Cndn Stamper said...

Love the CAS layout. I'm sure your Dad will like it.

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Fabulous card I love the buttons for wheels. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes this fortnight
Hugs
Tamara

mueppi said...

Your card looks great!
Hugs Gisela

sue said...

a really inventive card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps